Author Topic: Resident Evil  (Read 9142 times)

Lain

• Monstrous Imp
Re: Resident Evil
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2009, 01:12:53 AM »
This kinda went off topic hah, N64 was the shiz tho ... but im a PS boy myself :) I hated Resident evil 4 and 5 worst...RE...ever.

The first one was honestly one of the scariest games of its time tbh.. and my friend had a burnt copy and it doesn't work properly with the PS2 that she has ...so basically you start the game and you can't move or do ANYTHING! except mabye...watch the zombies munch on you ...

Silent hill went downhill quickly aswell 1 and 2 were probably the ONLY good ones, they were just...creepy
"I am ready to meet my maker. Whether my maker is prepared to meet me is another matter."

"We enjoy the night, the darkness, where we can do things that aren't acceptable in the light. Night is when we slake our thirst."

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2009, 06:28:19 AM »
LIES!

First off, Resident evil 4 was cool, it was a departure from the past shuffling zombie who couldn't catch a cold!

OR did you really expect to fight off an angry mob and an disproportionally tough chainsaw wielding spaniard AND HIS CRAZY AFRICAN BEARFOOT NuTJOB, With a lame ass control system that would have you dodging with no useful melee? Hell that guy could possibly kill a tyrant.
The Las Plagas parasite was a welcome change to the usual H-G Virus infections, OR Did you really think that umbrella would use the same method over and over? At least the las plagas allowed the infected to pass for human..... Until it burst out of your head anyway.

The suit case also taught you how to save space.

At least in 4 and 5 the special police/CIA CqC training gets used.

5 was  a bit too short and the inventory controls were like suicidal.

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But donít be afraid. And donít forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts

Lain

• Monstrous Imp
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2009, 07:33:06 AM »
LIES!

First off, Resident evil 4 was cool, it was a departure from the past shuffling zombie who couldn't catch a cold!

OR did you really expect to fight off an angry mob and an disproportionally tough chainsaw wielding spaniard AND HIS CRAZY AFRICAN BEARFOOT NuTJOB, With a lame ass control system that would have you dodging with no useful melee? Hell that guy could possibly kill a tyrant.
The Las Plagas parasite was a welcome change to the usual H-G Virus infections, OR Did you really think that umbrella would use the same method over and over? At least the las plagas allowed the infected to pass for human..... Until it burst out of your head anyway.

The suit case also taught you how to save space.

At least in 4 and 5 the special police/CIA CqC training gets used.

5 was  a bit too short and the inventory controls were like suicidal.

yeah, ok its a nice change...but its just my opinion that it wasn't my kind of resident evil...it was refreshing to have something new....but the slow dull zombies were fun..along with lickers... and nemesis... and dogs...it was scary...the 5th one was boring, short and well ...easy once you got infinite ammo on the shotty and machine gun
"I am ready to meet my maker. Whether my maker is prepared to meet me is another matter."

"We enjoy the night, the darkness, where we can do things that aren't acceptable in the light. Night is when we slake our thirst."

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2009, 11:47:42 AM »
Sure, but remember what happens to games that bring more of the same? There were/are so many games that have such similar control schemes today that RE would have become redundant. And though the game has always been about racoon city and the STARS. The world is so much larger than that.

Hell they even released RE Outbreak for more of the same+ multiplayer.

*sigh* Still, The most painful RE memory i  have was when i emptied my shotgun, magnum and a few grenades into nemisis only to get a purple tentacle skull-farking me seconds later.

I was only on meeting no 1or 3...... i more than made up for it the next new game when i decided that hoarding was a good thing.
(to be fair i think i missed most of those shots. but i was shooting off screen)

Shuffling only works in times of no fire power. Its an experiment in empowerment against the mob. on the first one, you were useless. And the combat knife was lame. Now you have a machete.

The targets flinch, they bleed and they cry out. slowly you start to wonder "has anything really changed?" The bigger picture is still shrouded, and you can only hope you don't hear Those heavy bootsteps, that thick tired moan again.
(jilly's gotta have gotten nightmares)

"Staarrsss"
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 11:57:01 AM by Raziel »
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But donít be afraid. And donít forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts

Lain

• Monstrous Imp
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2009, 03:47:43 AM »
Sure, but remember what happens to games that bring more of the same? There were/are so many games that have such similar control schemes today that RE would have become redundant. And though the game has always been about racoon city and the STARS. The world is so much larger than that.

Hell they even released RE Outbreak for more of the same+ multiplayer.

*sigh* Still, The most painful RE memory i  have was when i emptied my shotgun, magnum and a few grenades into nemisis only to get a purple tentacle skull-farking me seconds later.

I was only on meeting no 1or 3...... i more than made up for it the next new game when i decided that hoarding was a good thing.
(to be fair i think i missed most of those shots. but i was shooting off screen)

Shuffling only works in times of no fire power. Its an experiment in empowerment against the mob. on the first one, you were useless. And the combat knife was lame. Now you have a machete.

The targets flinch, they bleed and they cry out. slowly you start to wonder "has anything really changed?" The bigger picture is still shrouded, and you can only hope you don't hear Those heavy bootsteps, that thick tired moan again.
(jilly's gotta have gotten nightmares)

"Staarrsss"

lol skull-farked ...yeah nemesis was scary :P and i completely agree.. i didn't like RE5 as much now that i think of it..having infinite sniper ammo and finding all these spots where you could snipe the guys that control the sun ray things...on the Ancient Ruins lvl (RE5) it was well thought up but not very well layed out.

Looking forward to another in like 10years time lawl.

Getting off topic tho, Virtual reality ....your ideas on it :) enlighten me on your opinions