MonsterVision > Monstrous TV

Moonlight

(1/2) > >>

Nina:
Ok, started following this show recently. It was really hard to make myself do it honestly, cause we are all slightly fed up with this vampire fama lately. And yes, Sparkly Ed ruined it for most of us, true vamp fans. But as a person that grew up on Anne Rice novels and as someone that did research the subject for certain amount of time, I gave it a go.

It has a lot of elements, well, borrowed from classic vampire movies. So if you see something that heavily resembles Interview with the vampire (vampire taking care of a little girl, nasty creator, ah... the human part that sooo doesn't wanna die) you are not alone in this. But the whole idea of a vampire PI (private investigator) that seeks justice and usually gets it by his own hands (fangs) is quite fresh and with a lil romance going on between the main characters, we may have something to watch while waiting for the new season of True Blood.

Here some wiki and stuff:

--- Quote ---Moonlight is an American paranormal romance television drama created by Ron Koslow and Trevor Munson, who was also executive producer for all episodes with Joel Silver, Gerard Bocaccio, Gabrielle Stanton and Harry Werksman. The series follows private investigator Mick St. John (Alex O'Loughlin), who was turned into a vampire by his bride Coraline (Shannyn Sossamon) on the couple's wedding night fifty-five years earlier. In the present day, he struggles with his attraction to a mortal woman, Beth Turner (Sophia Myles), his friendship with Josef Kostan (Jason Dohring), and his dealings with other vampires in Los Angeles.
--- End quote ---

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odR0IUH3c38&feature=related

AWBrielle:
Ah, I miss this show! Wish they'd bring it back.

Also miss Anne Rice. I actually talked to her before :p

Nina:
Yeah, its such a waste they didnt continue shooting it, the story and the characters are like a casket filled with hidden gold (specially the line with Coraline and her french aristocracy vamp brothers). Was sort of waiting to see the thing between  Mick and Beth to start actually HAPPENING, but bleh... I hate when stories dont finish right (used to write ages back, could be why?).

Oh shut up, you didnt?!  :?  How did that go? Please tell more :)

AWBrielle:
Bahaha. Like I said, I've got connections! Although - this wasn't at all through my connections. She has an email address on her website through which I've talked to her several times. She's ridiculously cool - and though she's said she won't talk about the Vampire Chronicles anymore, she has. We discussed quite a few things - from her inspirations, to her beliefs, and so on and so forth. I pretty much died. Hahaha.

And, agreed! For the longest while, TV channels continually got rid of their best shows. Moonlight, New Amsterdam... they're just gold. That said, might be a good thing that New Amsterdam got cancelled, as its star got a lead role in Game of Thrones, so... :P

Nina:

--- Quote --- For the longest while, TV channels continually got rid of their best shows.
--- End quote ---

I guess they test the audience based on wrong people without good taste and brains or something?!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version