Witches Brew > Pagan Living

Necromancy

(1/4) > >>

Searif Bogard:
I was just becoming curious on various things about necromancy, yet I have found a lack of information. If anyone wants to help me with my research please do so, I am open to doing anything, but if I do not approve of it I will let you know.

And if there is any problem someone as inexperianced just studying Necromancy then tell me and I will stop my attempts if there is a good reason too.

Loup_Garou:
It's been my own experience that the dead have very little to say. When one dies, they aren't privy to any more knowledge than they had in life except, perhaps, "Getting shot hurts a lot", for example...

By and large it's best to leave the Dead be. Especially since meddling can open doorways to things that you never intended, such as those that guard the dead. Pick a culture - stories of them abound everywhere (Hades, Hel, about 50 Egyptian gods across about as many dynasties... etc.), and from what I know about them, not a single one of them really appreciates upstart mortals poking around where they aren't wanted.

~ Loup

Searif Bogard:

--- Quote from: Loup_Garou on April 17, 2006, 06:26:08 PM ---It's been my own experience that the dead have very little to say. When one dies, they aren't privy to any more knowledge than they had in life except, perhaps, "Getting shot hurts a lot", for example...

By and large it's best to leave the Dead be. Especially since meddling can open doorways to things that you never intended, such as those that guard the dead. Pick a culture - stories of them abound everywhere (Hades, Hel, about 50 Egyptian gods across about as many dynasties... etc.), and from what I know about them, not a single one of them really appreciates upstart mortals poking around where they aren't wanted.

~ Loup

--- End quote ---
I was never planning on using necromancy just studying it, it seems very interesting that people could raise the dead.

alastor moon:

--- Quote from: Searif Bogard on April 19, 2006, 01:55:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Loup_Garou on April 17, 2006, 06:26:08 PM ---It's been my own experience that the dead have very little to say. When one dies, they aren't privy to any more knowledge than they had in life except, perhaps, "Getting shot hurts a lot", for example...

~ Loup

--- End quote ---
I was never planning on using necromancy just studying it, it seems very interesting that people could raise the dead.

--- End quote ---
kay but if you are ever tempted, remember that it's rude to wake the dead.

jordyn:
the most popular form of necromancy is divinantion...automatic writing, quija boards, mediumship...even ghost hunting on a certain level could be considered necromancy...that's where raising the dead comes from...not actually summoning corpses to life as some zombie like creation...that's best left for voodoo.

there are more obscure forms of necromancy that deal with utilizing parts of corpses for various uses...an example that comes to mind; would be the hand of a thief, hung for his crime, removed from his body and a candle inserted into the palm to keep away thieves...considering the disease factor and legalities of such an interest for the art, any energy one could derive is...insignificant to other forms, that can be utilized.

i do agree with the warnings most attribute to these pursuits, but if one is willing to start out with the "contacting spirit guide" approach in books easily found in any new age section of a book store...and have a firm faith in their ability to protect and be protected...the realm becomes more understandable, and less dangerous with practice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version