Witches Brew > Pagan Living

magick, men and the evil they can bring?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Phantom X:

--- Quote from: jordyn on June 01, 2006, 08:31:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: Phantom X on May 31, 2006, 02:20:39 PM ---I also believe in Fate. If I am supposed to to do it, I will do it. Everything happenes for a reason.

--- End quote ---

now, that's good!

--- End quote ---

Then if you agree with that, then you see what I do isnt evil. Its ment to be.

jordyn:

--- Quote from: Phantom X on June 01, 2006, 09:02:16 AM ---
--- Quote from: Phantom X on May 31, 2006, 02:20:39 PM ---I also believe in Fate. If I am supposed to to do it, I will do it. Everything happenes for a reason.

--- End quote ---

now, that's good!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

if you are influencing things, than how do you know it's meant to be and not you influencing thing...the world is meant to be your playground, you are meant to attempt to manipulate the weather, needing a higher force to let you know you're not supposed to be messing with that, creating the world to suit you, regardless of others is meant to be?

seeking to control that which you have no rights to control, is a form of evil...magick without personal responsibility, doing as you wish and leaving it to "fate" to correct any negative results that may have happened to others, by becoming to emeshed in your..."I have the right to say I am better"

does being prettier and smarter than others make me better, or just vain and judgemental?

i can admit my "evil" tendencies...

Phantom X:

--- Quote from: jordyn on June 01, 2006, 09:46:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: Phantom X on June 01, 2006, 09:02:16 AM ---

--- End quote ---

now, that's good!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

if you are influencing things, than how do you know it's meant to be and not you influencing thing...the world is meant to be your playground, you are meant to attempt to manipulate the weather, needing a higher force to let you know you're not supposed to be messing with that, creating the world to suit you, regardless of others is meant to be?

seeking to control that which you have no rights to control, is a form of evil...magick without personal responsibility, doing as you wish and leaving it to "fate" to correct any negative results that may have happened to others, by becoming to emeshed in your..."I have the right to say I am better"

does being prettier and smarter than others make me better, or just vain and judgemental?

i can admit my "evil" tendencies...

--- End quote ---

To believe in Fate is to believe that you do things for a purpose and things done to your are for a purpose. I dont leave it to Fate to stop or correct the negatives. There have been negatives and I have delt with the conciquences and rose above them. I dont need a higher power to tell me not to do things, I use it as a guideline to draw the line between needs and wants. If we were in a dry spell and I  created a rain cloud, knowing very well that Nature is angery, I still continue. Punishment may come later or may not. Whose to say that Nature is wrong and I am right? Who watches the watchmen?

Also, the world is based one who is better and who isnt. Betterness is fear and fear is an advantage. (Though, it could also be betterness is determination and determination is power. Power grows into betterness and betterness turns into fear.)

Zak Roy Yoballa:
Jordyn,

I am shocked that you would call anyone evil.  If I remember correctly, you have asked in other posts (not that it is a bad question) "what is evil?".   By what standard are you judging by?   Who or what, in your world view has the power to say something is good or evil?  This isn't meant to be accusatory, simply pointing out that I'm not sure what standard you are using.

As a Christian, I use the Word of God, as the standard.  By His standard, anyone who uses magic is doing evil. 

Here's where it gets interesting.  I love your comment about yesterday's magic is today's science, and I agree to a point.  But that statement makes me realize why the Amish are the way they are!

ZRY

jordyn:

--- Quote from: Zak Roy Yoballa on June 06, 2006, 04:11:28 AM ---Jordyn,

I am shocked that you would call anyone evil.  If I remember correctly, you have asked in other posts (not that it is a bad question) "what is evil?".   By what standard are you judging by?   Who or what, in your world view has the power to say something is good or evil?  This isn't meant to be accusatory, simply pointing out that I'm not sure what standard you are using.

As a Christian, I use the Word of God, as the standard.  By His standard, anyone who uses magic is doing evil. 

Here's where it gets interesting.  I love your comment about yesterday's magic is today's science, and I agree to a point.  But that statement makes me realize why the Amish are the way they are!

ZRY

--- End quote ---

that's why i keep "evil" in quotes...

i'm using the ovewhelming belief that by violating the free will of another person...whether it be physically, mentally or spiritually and destroying their basic right to live life...as society's standards of evil,

i believe it was already agreed, by most that evil is designated by society...what then does society deem as evil versus the bible, which is the "word of god"?

using magick to do as one wishes, completely disregarding anything they deem as unimportant, by standard definition is evil...

personally i view it as an immature misunderstanding and abuse of naturally given powers, and hopefully it will mature and become a path to spiritual growth and unity with the universe...having no need to brag one is better, but to demonstrate they are a better human...being human shouldn't be about being better than another, but realizing we're all on a sinking ship, unless something changes.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=evil

murder, rape, incest, and some even go so far as using terms like homosexuality and permiscuous sex as evil, leading to the downfall of man and ultimately the destruction of another great culture that's become so emersed in the theories of right and wrong, good and evil, that they fail to preserve that which makes it all possible...the human condition.

i do not have to succumb to a belief that does not directly affect me to discuss that belief...i'm not calling anyone evil, but certain behaviors being demonstrated are inherently evil, based on general definitions, with heavy influence from an outdated patriarchial society that supported many atrocities against their own pereptions of evil.

i guess man as a whole, hasn't learned any lessons, yet; it seems we are doomed to repeat the same mistakes.

p.s. i rather admire the amish for having the tenacity to stay true to their beliefs, living life as they preach...especially in a world of such tempting illumination, flush with hypocrisy...too few embrace that option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version