Witches Brew > Pagan Living

The limitations of Magik

(1/11) > >>

maggot man:
Am I correct to say none exist where the ability of magik to affect one's reality is concerned? Given that magik is a force that influences the forces of the universe to conspire together to make the desired changes, logic should dictate that its potential should know no true boundary since it draws on the collective energy of creation which is capable of altering anything?

Phantom X:
You are absolutly correct, MM. (Though some of the magick rules I posted contradict that) Also, I do have a sort of spell/ritual type of help that you may have been searching for. When I get to my home computer (Im at my grandparents now, though I think I left Monstrous and all my messengers online at home  :-o) I will PM you the link.

Hope it will help you,

~Phantom

jordyn:

--- Quote from: maggot man on June 03, 2006, 09:00:13 PM ---Am I correct to say none exist where the ability of magik to affect one's reality is concerned? Given that magik is a force that influences the forces of the universe to conspire together to make the desired changes, logic should dictate that its potential should know no true boundary since it draws on the collective energy of creation which is capable of altering anything?

--- End quote ---

that's sounds like a chaotician?!?!  :-o

i recommend people read the monkey's paw...when inquiring about power limitations and magic.

human based rational should be the boundary...in an ideal world, magic is limitless, one can achieve their hearts desire, but do they really need it,  is it really best to receive it, what would anyone learn or have to strive for if they could blink their eyes and have it granted?

the potential is there, but absolute power corrupts absolutely, and if one fails to make their proper checks, someone or something will...

the smart one's gleen wisdom from their experiences, and thank those who presented them with their lesson.

Phantom X:
With your way of thinking Im astounded that you can use magick at all.

jordyn:

--- Quote from: Phantom X on June 04, 2006, 08:10:21 PM ---With your way of thinking Im astounded that you can use magick at all.

--- End quote ---

i think you'd be amazed at the magicks i use...but those come from being able to expand beyond glamorization, expectation and being driven by more, sustaining desires and wants,  rather than do as i will, get what i want despite anything or anyone else...but that comes with time and understanding of the greater scheme of things.

i had my hey day of making people cry and quiver in fear, begging me to release them from some torment, too easily sending "demons" into nightmares...

i was powerful, my world was an oyster, and i was a frighteningly dark person....but i never found any peace or happiness, i was always striving for a bigger high...and realized if i bore a child into that environment...it wouldn not be an emotionally healthy place for her.

i'll take happiness over raw power any day...and most of that is diverted to keeping two children with the same, heritage as mine safe, until they can do so on their own, having an ability to protect them, until they can understand and learn that those creatures in the corners and hiding in the walls, have no power over them...sage, shut doors and nightlights help out too.

my dad taught me how to interact with them, work with them, utilize them, but not keep them at bay or out of my head, i learned that on my own, and am learning how to guide my duaghters in defense rather than offense.

there is no magic  that can compare to creating life, no matter what one perceives they are able to do with it, and no magician can touch that level of love; God came close, but look what happened to his children.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version