Witches Brew > Pagan Living

The limitations of Magik

<< < (10/11) > >>

jordyn:

--- Quote from: Phantom X on July 25, 2006, 09:26:42 AM ---
--- Quote from: Necropolis on July 24, 2006, 10:40:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: Phantom X on July 24, 2006, 10:36:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: Necropolis on July 24, 2006, 10:32:48 PM ---Science and magic are not mutally exclusive, but if the legends are true consider to generate a lightening bolt one mnust be able to generate the power to create one. Same with fire. To lift something teleknietically requires the same amount of energy as picking it up manually. The problem is that it manifests on will, not thought and also requires learning to use a new set of muscles, do you know how hard it is to learn to walk from scratch?

--- End quote ---

Actually, thats not true. I have almost started to light a candle without fire and I managed to twirl a key around a few times and the only energy it took was the energy I put towards the concentration.

--- End quote ---

would that be magick or a latent ability of the human mind?
And? How does this disprove my statement?

--- End quote ---

It would have taken me more energy to move the key and start the flame(via lighter or match) than to do it with my mind.

--- End quote ---

Necropolis:

--- Quote from: Phantom X on July 25, 2006, 09:26:42 AM ---
--- Quote from: Necropolis on July 24, 2006, 10:40:55 PM ---
And? How does this disprove my statement?

--- End quote ---

It would have taken me more energy to move the key and start the flame(via lighter or match)  manually than to do it with my mind.

--- End quote ---

That's not proof that is a claim lacking any kind of supporting evidence, so is infact opinion or belief.

Phantom X:
You people continue to chip away at me. Im leaving this topic before I explode and I get in further trouble with the higher ups. You may have won this time, but next time you wont be so lucky.

Devious Viper:

--- Quote from: Nelson Muntz ---
Ha-Ha!

--- End quote ---

Searune:
lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version