Author Topic: The Spear of destiny  (Read 10484 times)

Searune
  • Black Monk
The Spear of destiny
« on: July 04, 2006, 07:23:46 PM »
The Spear of Destiny, also known as the Spear of Longinus and the Heilige Lance ó Holy Lance ó is one of the most important Christian relics of the Passion of Jesus Christ. As first described in John 19:31-37, the Spear was used by a Roman soldier (Gaius Cassius, later called Longinus) to pierce the side of Christ as he hung on the cross. The Spear, bathed in the blood of the Lamb and playing a significant role in the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy, is believed to have acquired tremendous mystical power. The first sign of that power was the purported healing of Gaius Cassiusís failing eyesight by blood from the wound. The centurion later become an early convert to Christianity.

The Spear subsequently passed through a multitude of hands, coming into the possession of many of Europeís most important political and military leaders, including Constantine I, Alaric (the Visigoth king who sacked Rome in the year 410), Frankish general Charles Martel, Charlemagne, Frederick of Barbarossa, and Frederick II. A leader who possessed the Spear was said to be invincible; Charlemagne and Frederick of Barbarossa were undefeated in battle until they let the Spear fall from their hands. A legend arose that whoever claimed the Spear ďholds the destiny of the world in his hands for good or evil.Ē

As a young man Adolf Hitler was fascinated by the Spear of Destiny, which he first saw displayed in the Hofsburg museum in Vienna, Austria in 1909. Hitler was familiar with the legend of the Holy Lance. His interest in the relic was further amplified by its role in the 1882 opera Parsifal ó by Hitlerís favorite composer, Richard Wagner ó which concerned a group of ninth-century knights and their quest for the Holy Grail. Hitlerís fascination with the Spear was pivotal in sparking his interest in the occult, which gave birth to his ideas on the origins and purpose of the Germanic race and contributed to his belief in his own destiny as a world conqueror.

On October 12, 1938, not long after the German annexation of Austria, Hitler ordered the S.S. to seize the Spear and other artifacts from Vienna. They were taken by train to Nuremberg, where they were stored in St. Katherineís Church. The Spear remained in St. Katherineís until 1944, when it was moved to a specially constructed vault beneath the church, built in secret and at great expense, intended to protect it and the other stolen relics from Allied bombs. Nuremberg was captured by Allied troops in April of the following year. The vault was subsequently discovered by American Army officers. The Spear was confiscated by American forces on the afternoon of April 30, 1945, less than two hours before Hitlerís suicide in his underground bunker in Berlin. Like the Spearís previous owners, Hitler perished after the relic was taken from him.

Is it Real or Not ? let's Debate! *<:)
The creature rose up to thee and he said........

Alphamale

• High Priest
  • The Beast Within
Re: The Spear of destiny
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 11:40:35 PM »
well, where is it rumored to be now?
Music may tame the savage beast, but not as fast as a brick to the back of the head.

Devious Viper

Searune
  • Black Monk
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 07:22:22 PM »
well from what I've heard it was broken up into three pieces America has one, one is in Napoleon's tomb and other I don't  know it's location

Devious Viper
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 11:38:38 PM »
That sounds quite unlikely. If the Americans recovered it in 1945, I can't see that they would break it up, and they definitely wouldn't have entrusted a piece of it to France had they done so. I believe it is somewhere in the USA - whole.

Searune
  • Black Monk
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 05:32:12 PM »
From what I've heard it was broken before that ,Hitler had the spear's head.

Devious Viper
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 01:32:05 AM »
If what you say is correct, then perhaps occultists and cryptoarchaeologists should be looking for the "Bit of wood of Longinus"... The spear head, being metal, is the only part that is believed to have survived. The wooden shaft, made of Ash, would have been much more prone to damage and decay.

Searune
  • Black Monk
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 09:04:34 PM »
depends, I mean look at from another view what if it was metal coated? or was preserved beyond all means of human perception? if not you're right mind you this is just what I heard

Hak

• Monstrous Imp
  • Inner truth is the killer of ignorance.
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 10:22:44 AM »
What's interesting is that one of the crystal skulls was referred to as the Spear of Destiny.
We must first go into the wilderness (wild) of our own being and destroy the beast-demon. Our lower nature must be controlled if one is to obtain mastery. Then and only then can we begin to ride on our own mule into Jerusalem, and into the Holy of Holies.

thneedly
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 07:30:37 AM »
I'll say it right now.
I wish the Thule Society had gained possession of the entire spear.

Hitler would have won, eventually taken over the world, and wiped out all the non-white races. There goes the majority of the world's population. Then, in a fully white world, people would get sick of how things are and civil war would erupt. The government would fall, but pretty much everyone else would have already died.
Then the human race would have either gone extinct, or reduced to such a small size we would be forced into a tribal existence without the possibility of rebuilding for hundreds of thousands of years.

We almost had the perfect apocalypse. Why, Lords of Thule, did you fail?

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 03:28:16 PM »
Hahaha. because they were inbred idiots.......preobably. i dunno :|
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But donít be afraid. And donít forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts

Nina
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 03:50:00 PM »
I'll say it right now.
I wish the Thule Society had gained possession of the entire spear.

Please state better reasons.....

thneedly
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 03:52:47 PM »
Do you really need better reasons than that?
The human race would have been wiped out. That's a good enough reason.

Nina
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 08:25:25 AM »
Dont you think that there is a possibility (equal to yours) that it just wasnt time for it?

And Destiny doesnt fail.... it just sees time differently.

whitefox17

• Weres
  • Fearless Warrior
  • Hey everyone say hi to the wimps..."hi mr bush"
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 11:31:30 AM »
Dont you think that there is a possibility (equal to yours) that it just wasnt time for it?

And Destiny doesnt fail.... it just sees time differently.

she is right
all though I have to say that would have been great if we had failed
but the job was done and hitler asassinated sooooo the only people who know where the peices are...
are the gods...
which is good because I will not fail at humans surviving
it will not be another loss
another extinction me or the others could not save from happening
"Look its a girl" said the doctor

"If she has my genes you might want to give her to me"

"Why"

"I bite, hard"