Witches Brew > Pagan Living

absinthe

<< < (2/5) > >>

jordyn:
the harmless versions of absinthe are made with no wormwood...and it seems it's the scientific name of this intoxicating herb that gave it the name...

the secret ingredient

a bad mixture with high alchol content(yukon jack is 100 proof) so that alone shouldn't kill you, if you drink it responsibly...but here's more information and a recipe!  ;)

Devious Viper:
psst...

Thujone (C10H16O) is the "secret ingredient", the active chemical in wormwood, most notably the Artemisia absinthium. Anybody who enjoys even vaguely hallucinogenic experiences from drinking absinthe (regardless of how much wormwood is in it) is in fact experiencing "the placebo effect" and is someone that we in England would call, "a cheap night out"  :wink:

jordyn:

--- Quote from: Devious Viper on July 25, 2006, 02:57:01 AM ---psst...

Thujone (C10H16O) is the "secret ingredient", the active chemical in wormwood, most notably the Artemisia absinthium. Anybody who enjoys even vaguely hallucinogenic experiences from drinking absinthe (regardless of how much wormwood is in it) is in fact experiencing "the placebo effect" and is someone that we in England would call, "a cheap night out"  :wink:

--- End quote ---

you and your science...like anyone else would know that.   :roll:
why didn't you just say wormwood in the beginning? 

i don't imagine it tastes anything spectacular...especially if it's anything like chartreuse...never by a pretty liquor just because it's supposed to be some amazing elixer by obscure french monks.   :-P

i'll stick with a nice honey ale...or a sweet,  mixed concoction...if i want to hallucinate, i'll go into our woods and find a nice mushroom patch.  *grins wickedly*

Devious Viper:
when I was about 16 or so i used to drink a lot of absinthe - Pernod fils - but its a kind of phase that you grow out of as you realise that it costs an arm and a leg for a couple of mouthfuls, and gets you too drunk to... dance at the end of the night.

Weirdelicious:
Rhum and Porto, Porto and Rhum and once in a while some Guinness! Never tasted Absinthe...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version