Witches Brew > Pagan Living

What makes you a witch???

(1/11) > >>

Nina:
How do you know for sure that you are ment to be one, is it the birth marks, or animal that speak to you, or what? Im really interested in this, personally, and would really appreciate your help and answers.

Thank you all Monstrous people!!!!

Nina

Necropolis:
A compulsion or need to perform it that I have had all my life from the begining of my memories.
Kind of like the need to express a talent.

jordyn:

--- Quote from: Necropolis on August 01, 2006, 05:43:19 AM ---A compulsion or need to perform it that I have had all my life from the begining of my memories.
Kind of like the need to express a talent.

--- End quote ---

pretty much, but it's hard for me to make it so simple...i had a lot of influence in my younger years through my father's side of the family...but i didn't actually claim the title of witch until years later, after i sought what i needed on my own...i think a person who can work with naturally occuring energies, manipulating them into manifesting personal improvements and desirescould qualify as a witch. 

Weirdelicious:
I agree with jordyn but sadly, so many people give themselves the title of witch just because they read books or know some spells by heart. Like one author in perticular that I will not mention  :x . Because there are natural witches (people who don't need rituals or lessons for things to happen) and those who learn. You don't have to be designated by a priestess or mage or whatever. It's like anybody can do it IF they have the "spark" in them. Because some try and try and never succeed. That's my opinion.

jordyn:
it's sort of entertaining how many people fail to seperate witches from wiccans though...i don't know if popular media is a blessing or a curse, on one had it shows witches aren't whore's of the devil hell bent on destroying humanity, but so many now view us as some light, fluffy "charmed ones" that can wiggle our nose and have it done, as long as it harms none.  :roll:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version