Witches Brew > Pagan Living

Wicca?

(1/2) > >>

jordyn:
What is it?

i'm not a wiccan, so any opinions i may make are strictly personal opinion; derived from "wiccans" that i've met.  with that, clarification out of the way. 

but i'm wondering where a lot of the negative, opinions come from?  At it's base, it should be ideal, honoring and worshipping both a male and a female, that's important for unity, but then what does it become about?

the priest or the priest?  Those gifted people that can call these forces down to serve their followers, a united effort of guiding energy?

Magick?  that ability to call and utilze these aspects of the divinity of nature?

those are my observations, but was curious about other opinions that others may have here, surely there's more to it than what's commericially presented.

Devious Viper:
(btw, http://www.monstropedia.org/index.php?title=Wicca )

jordyn:
i'm looking for something more to what it is...on a spiritual level, why it appeals to people as an answer to their seeking.

Devious Viper:
I know, that's why I preceeded it with a "btw" and kept it in parenthesis  :-)

jordyn:

--- Quote from: Devious Viper on August 21, 2006, 10:22:32 AM ---I know, that's why I preceeded it with a "btw" and kept it in parenthesis  :-)

--- End quote ---

ahhh; i'm missing a lot lately...

i just want to know why so many people think it's so wonderful, the more i learn about it...the less it seems to be anything special. I guess i'd like to hear what it does for a person.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version