Author Topic: Fountain of Youth  (Read 8561 times)

MagnusCrane

• Young Beast
  • "Vidi Vici Veni" I came I saw and I conquered.
Re: Fountain of Youth
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2010, 05:02:02 PM »
My curiosity on the fountain of youth isn't for the sake of trying to reverse the aging process, but to study it as I would study any piece of artifact. Learn what it meant in ancient time and history. Even if I could reverse my own aging process, it wouldn't change the fact that I am subject to the same laws that governs all of us humans or spiritual beings. This flesh I possess, will eventually come to its end and die like every other human body. How it looks or long its able to survive will not change that I will die like everyone else. The fountain of youth cannot prevent death. If the fountain was in fact ever real and existed at one point in time, then whoever drank from it or used it somehow would most likely be here with us today.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 05:03:51 PM by MagnusCrane »
Death is the beginning of life. Life is the end of death. And only God lies in between the two.

MagnusCrane

• Young Beast
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2010, 09:20:59 PM »
Now that is what I called hitting the nail dead on. Sealing the coufin shut. What is done, cannot be undone. That goes for age as well. I agree with Kadesh.
Death is the beginning of life. Life is the end of death. And only God lies in between the two.

MagnusCrane

• Young Beast
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2010, 08:31:06 PM »
No problem at all.... As I said you were precise on that comment. And no one has been able to top that since.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 08:32:41 PM by MagnusCrane »

MagnusCrane

• Young Beast
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2010, 04:43:53 AM »
Well Kadesh, this is how I see things. Life as we experience it, to a point is no different then time itself. They both take on similar definition, depending how you look at it. Time is an instrument used to measure linear moments in space. Well life too travels in a linear direction. I suppose some scientist may disagree and come up with how life can branch off in multiple direction which would of course get into the whole parallel universe thing. But life is the experience on which time flows on. Every moment gone is a moment which cannot be undone. And here is my thing regardless of how much I may experience and know, I am still asking myself the question of the meaning to life and why we are here. At this point in my life I am beginning to question my beliefs and understandings. In other words, I find myself questioning myself, with the consideration that everything I ever believed in and know could possibly be all wrong. With such a thought like that at first, I began questioning my own sanity, until however, I spoke with another kindred spirit like myself who went through the same thing and told me on the spiritual journey, we get to that same point where we begin questioning everything we ever knew and believed in. And he told me to rest assure that I am not insane or losing it. This part of the journey is actually normal. So you see, with all this I am going through right now, I would actually hate to go back to my youth or even travel back in time in some sort of way. If I do not even have a grip on my own beliefs, then the Fountain of Youth would not do me any good. I would open up more questions and the proverbial can of worms. So anyways, I suppose now I am seeking peace, within myself, and hope I can come to grips with my own consideration into what I really believe and if everything is right or wrong, or do the actual right or wrong is dependent on the stage of my life. I hate that though. You get to that point in your life when you think you got the answers on something, and for a while it is satisfying, until a new idea pops up which turn that assurance back into doubt? I know this all crazy, you must be thinking by now. But its where I am at now and sometimes its actually frightening to think once we die, it really all over. And that maybe there isn't an after life, like some of us hopes for. My entire perception on who we are though has changed over the years now. The average person says as a cliche that we are human beings. Which to a point sounds like its correct. However, how can we something that has limitations, and eventually dies or expires? That was my first thought. Well I later on realized that the application to that notion is wrong and knew that we have it all backwards. We are not human beings trying to have a spiritual experience, in fact, we are spiritual being having human experiences. Now application not only works, but fits and help to make a lot other things makes sense. Now that is a paradigm shift for you. Later.  <:smurf

rave phillaphia

• Realized Monster
  • jai kali ma!
    • myspace
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2010, 06:42:58 PM »
well if you find the foutain of youth let me know because i would totes be interested in studying it as well. Not for the purpose of prelonging life but maybe we could cure diseases with it. Just as long as we keep it a secret and not let the government find it.
"Man has his will- but woman has her way" Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hella fury like a woman scorned." William Congreve

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2010, 02:42:04 AM »
Sooo....... what would you do if you could de-age yourself?
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But donít be afraid. And donít forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts

Muerte

• Realized Monster
  • Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!
    • www.myspace.com/drkhrt_2
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2010, 01:57:50 PM »

That Depends.
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

akb4101
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2010, 04:28:50 AM »
I wouldn't. It sounds good, but the aches and pains in my body are reminders of things that I have done. Some were good, some were bad, but they all remind me that the time in life passes and you cannot do the same things forever, we must all evolve.

MagnusCrane

• Young Beast
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2010, 08:29:10 PM »
It think the back lash would be huge to mess around with something like that. However as rave phillaphia said, to use it for the sake of maybe curing diseases or helping out others can be OK. Nothing wrong with that. But so as long it is kept in the utmost secrecy. Something like that I wouldn't want big brother getting a hold of.

rave phillaphia

• Realized Monster
  • jai kali ma!
    • myspace
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2010, 12:12:45 PM »
OMG!!! I think the location of the fountain of youth is found.... none other than by.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S0tyar8aX4

.... oh yes I just went there. MWHAHAHAHA now that is comedy.
"Man has his will- but woman has her way" Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hella fury like a woman scorned." William Congreve

markus
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2010, 04:09:52 AM »
If there is/was a fountain of youth,  I would go and swim in it till I almost drown, then drink it  until I pop like a tick  :laugh: :laugh:

Father time has been very cruel to me  :gun:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 04:12:15 AM by markus »
What do you want, you moon-faced assassin of joy?

We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no-one may pass. We live for the One, we die for the One

Muerte

• Realized Monster
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2010, 08:40:12 PM »
If there is/was a fountain of youth,  I would go and swim in it till I almost drown, then drink it  until I pop like a tick  :laugh: :laugh:

Father time has been very cruel to me  :gun:

I can feel you there my friend, father time I think has it in for me also.   
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

Muerte

• Realized Monster
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2010, 09:07:55 PM »
  Now that is comedy!  Thanks for the levity dear, it is so few and far between for me after all.

Moloch

• Realized Monster
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2010, 08:16:06 PM »
Kadesh is right of course, I have nothing but the utmost respect for both of you.

As for the fountain and all...

First, as I and others have said before me, the folks who want to live forever are those same people who don't know what to do on a rainy day.

Second, has no one given any thought to the idea that maybe the "Fountain of Youth" is a metaphor? Think about it. Back then the Old World was pretty much used up. Hence why there was so much exploration. So, you find a new world to explore, and the excitement makes you feel younger, more invigorated. Now, when you go back home; what would you tell people to get them interested in going there?

"There, in that New World, lies a fountain which restores your youth, and makes you young again!"

Being generally stupid, people would fail to see the metaphor and start looking for a literal fountain, instead of just appreciating the bounty of the land and enjoying themselves.

MagnusCrane

• Young Beast
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2010, 05:51:44 PM »
As a metaphor, much could be said same about the Holy Grail. But I see your point friend. Although in some writings I found in Puerto Rico at the the Fort of Ponce De Leon, he mentions the Fountain of Youth and says that he's sent a few men off to bear witness of it and none has ever returned, even though he is claiming to have witnessed such a thing. Go figure.