Author Topic: Changing the World  (Read 5087 times)

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
Changing the World
« on: June 28, 2011, 01:10:03 PM »
If you could change one thing about the world we live in what would it be?

What would you do to set this change in motion?

None of us are compleatly satisfied with the way things are.... are we?
It can be anything you want.

Nina
Re: Changing the World
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 01:34:46 PM »
Shut the banking system and ban fossil fuels  :roll:

ViciouslyMe

• Realized Monster
  • <( ")> Obey Me
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 05:21:41 PM »
Hmm, tough question. I would eliminate whatever it is that keeps people from saying whats on their mind. I don't mean getting rid of lies, but rather if someone has something to say that they say it.
"Intelligence is the flower of discrimination. There are many examples of the flower blooming but not bearing fruit."

"True warriors are humble men"

TheCopperDragon

• Christians
  • Monstrous Imp
  • Support your local Dragon!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 09:04:14 AM »
-Bring the world under a Meritocracy (rule of the most intelligent).

-I would implement a 100% inheritance tax in order to start each citizen on the same starting line. There would be no rich elite to screw up the world.

-Education would be based on Myers Briggs personality types rather than the typical one-size-fits-all, so that everyone can appreciate school and NOT drop out. Education would also slightly be more rigorous, in that you would know what the hell Hegel's Dialectical system was by 1st grade and maybe you could tell me what a Lorenzo transformation formula was by 3rd.

-Anyone can believe whatever the hell they want, as long as their worldview upholds Human/Xeno Rights. In other words, while I wouldn't COMPLETELY trash Abrahamism, I would prevent parents from Baptizing or Circumcising their children until they are 18 years old, when they can make the decision for themselves! Any parent caught attempting to do so loses their child - it's really simple. Raising children is a secondary right--one that can be removed at any time.

-With the inheritance tax money, things like humanitarian efforts or education would be funded naturally by the government. Rather than funding wars, like our contemporary governments do, we should be funding peace on earth. Things such as Nuclear Fusion research and space travel would also be more heavily funded. Finally, getting each new citizen started with their life would, of course, be a high priority.

-Last but not least: Xenopolitics. Their are currently 14 (possibly 15) different alien factions down in the cave systems (the world is not really hollow), not including the Draconians, who are the true owners of the planet. Firstly, we are going to learn the way the Cosmos works on our own, we won't be accepting anyone's help. So basically, I'M NOT GOING TO SELL OUT MY OWN SPECIES FOR SOME DUMB TECHNOLOGY OR RESOURCES. Additionally, I would attempt to befriend any faction that our contemporary government has managed to screw with in the past.

It would be one helluva paradigm shift.

X(A+B) = (AX) + (AB). Politicize that.

Nina
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 07:58:51 PM »
-Last but not least: Xenopolitics. Their are currently 14 (possibly 15) different alien factions down in the cave systems (the world is not really hollow), not including the Draconians, who are the true owners of the planet. Firstly, we are going to learn the way the Cosmos works on our own, we won't be accepting anyone's help. So basically, I'M NOT GOING TO SELL OUT MY OWN SPECIES FOR SOME DUMB TECHNOLOGY OR RESOURCES. Additionally, I would attempt to befriend any faction that our contemporary government has managed to screw with in the past.

Im really interested in where did you get that info from, the number of alien factions, and what gave you the idea that Draconians are TRUE owners of this world? Why wouldn't u accept anyone's help? What if the tech isn't that dumb? And finally, do you think that any faction is really responsible for screwed up planet more than a human one?

ps: i agree with the rest, just curious about last part ;)

matthew321

• Great Master
  • Fate Is Earned Not Given
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 08:43:05 PM »
I personally disagree with TheCopperDragon. I like what you are trying to do, but disagree on how to do it. (Isn't that what they call a political debate?)

I would not let the most intelligent people rule my government, that should not be a requisite. Intelligence is indeed necessary but not the only thing. (intelligent people can plan, much farther ahead.. in our favor or against us)  Plus what happens if the intelligent people don't want to rule the government? Or we run out of candidates that fit the bill? (the movie idocracy is a bit extreme, but we must do everything to stop that.) 

So if I offer criticism, I must have my own idea right? Well to be frank, I don't know. I of course have my own ideas, but implementation is going to be difficult. I think ANY system of government can work, if and only if, the power is always used for the people. I am simple and naive, but I truly believe any system can work as long as those in charge are kind. Even if they screw up, make the wrong choice, etc. As long as they listen to the people and do their best to do what the majority thinks is right, I don't see how such a system can fail. This applies even to communism (which would be my least favorite to employ here) If the population was smaller then even this system would be just fine.. Despite any screw ups, we can use our humanity to fill in the gaps. If we lack so much confidence in our ability to be kind, then how deserving of a utopia are we?
Despite the flaws of all these governments, just throw in people who will listen to what the population wants. We can fill in the gaps, we will make it work.

I agree that we need to start over, everyone starts equal. Status can then become greater or lower, but it starts the same. But if you implement such a tax, who wants to be in your country? What will happen to the population of others? The idea is fine, but the trouble is getting it to work. But we will never know if we don't try.

I agree with the next two, no problems there, only how to implement it.

Since I am unsure if I would do the tax or not myself, I don't have a comment on how it would be spent. However, your suggestion sure makes sense to me.

For the alien technology, I am not saying aliens do or do not exist. But I sure would not trust them. They could give us nice technology, that they would know a lot more about even if they teach us. They would have back door access to such technology, and alternative uses we had not thought of. If we rapidly acquire technology too fast, it will cause many problems. So my solution to this is, take it slow. I do not know the right or wrong way to approach this one, but I have ideas on what the wrong way might be. That is the only baseline I have for this argument.

As for what I would change about the world.. you said only one thing.. I would need to think a bit longer on that...
If my life is worthless then death must be my currency to spend.

ViciouslyMe

• Realized Monster
  • <( ")> Obey Me
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 08:51:02 PM »
I kind of have to disagree with most of CopperDragon's post, especially the idea of a Meritocracy. Intelligent people running the world wouldn't mean in any way that they have the people in mind when making decisions, it just means they're smart. And even then, there are various ways to measure intelligence. And those that are seen as intelligent have things in which they struggle or fail. As for the rest, I'd rather not get into it. Especially the last one about the 14 (possibly 15) alien factions. Also, if they live here on (or rather in the) earth, are they really aliens?
"Intelligence is the flower of discrimination. There are many examples of the flower blooming but not bearing fruit."

Nina
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 02:21:19 AM »
We already accepted tech that aint doin us good. Just check your Windows operating system. And its not even alien xD

And true, intelligence doesnt have to be a good thing for humanity. Also, if they are not human, what else would you call them but alien?

ViciouslyMe

• Realized Monster
  • <( ")> Obey Me
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 07:47:36 AM »
We'd give them one as a classification, but they would then just be another species that inhabits Earth.

Muerte

• Realized Monster
  • Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!
    • www.myspace.com/drkhrt_2
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 09:14:26 AM »
  CopperDragon, you have already failed the exercise.  What was asked for was one thing that you would change.  What, did you misunderstand the word one?  I bet your math is fairly interesting, tell me, is 1 plus 1 for you 6?

ONE thing I would change....................Easy.  I would eliminate peoples need to rely on others.  No more need for people to turn to Religion to make moral decisions.  No more waiting for someone to come along and tell you to get off your ass and work.  No more letting others walk all over people because they have no desire to stop others from doing so. 

Self dependence that is what I would like to give the world.
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

AWBrielle
  • Great Master
  • Parting is such sweet sorrow.
    • Blog
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 11:37:16 AM »
Gas costs.

No, I joke. Though that would be very, very nice. I've to ponder on this one a little more - give me some time.
Age is not defined by years, but by intellect and maturity.

Daemonin

• Den Mother
  • Realized Monster
  • Lily <3
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 03:47:51 PM »
I...  think I would change the government's ability to tell you what you can and can't use as far as medicine and medical procedures.  My elaboration?

Herbal remedies shouldn't have to be legalized or approved by some government official/cabinet/office/etc.   

As far as childbirth goes... It should not be illegal to give birth to your baby with a midwife without doctor supervision :P Stupid Alabama...

ViciouslyMe

• Realized Monster
  • <( ")> Obey Me
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 05:10:03 PM »
My only problem there, Daemonin, is that there would just be too many people that would abuse. I mean hell, just look at how things that are legalized are abused. And the illegal once would only increase in abuse. And please don't attempt to retort with some comment about there being no bad side affects, because everything comes with a cost. Some just not as obvious as others.

TheCopperDragon

• Christians
  • Monstrous Imp
  • Support your local Dragon!
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
 CopperDragon, you have already failed the exercise.  What was asked for was one thing that you would change.  What, did you misunderstand the word one?  I bet your math is fairly interesting, tell me, is 1 plus 1 for you 6?

I agree that self-dependence is a damn good start... but this first part that I've quoted... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I'll put up how ever many items I want, without your permission. He said one, but he didn't say NO MORE. Loophole.  :mrgreen:

And math is pretty interesting; I'm sure you could theoretically make 1+1=6.

Finally, exercise? This is a forum, not a gym; that would be across the street.

Im really interested in where did you get that info from, the number of alien factions, and what gave you the idea that Draconians are TRUE owners of this world? Why wouldn't u accept anyone's help? What if the tech isn't that dumb? And finally, do you think that any faction is really responsible for screwed up planet more than a human one?

ps: i agree with the rest, just curious about last part Wink

No don't worry about me, I'm just a nutter with nothing to say. Humans screwed up the most, I think. 50ish percent of the world beg for some bearded guy on a cloud to come back on a certain day and DESTROY THE WORLD, EVERY SUNDAY (or Saturday). And people think I'M PSYCHO!!  :gun:

Their tech isn't dumb, I'd rather that humanity figured things out for themselves. If they could figure it out on their own, so could we.

To all other criticisms (they ARE welcome BTW) -

ANY system could work with perfect people with no personal aspirations; unfortunately, Nietzsche, with his Will To Power, shows humanity's true nature in a different light.

The idea behind Meritocracy is that private bankers, monarchies, dynasties, etc would all be destroyed, starting everyone on an equal level.  At the same time, peoples natural desire for competition would be sated (I didn't mention this last post, I don't think) with typical capitalistic features, like competing brands and such.

I'm still working out, with others, on how leadership would be handled. There would be an elected government, sort of, but they wouldn't have any room to initiate their own agenda. With this government, private bankers pay our "good" senators and representatives to screw us over with their plans.

Oh, who would live in my country? No one has to, just like no one has to live in a Communist country, or better yet, a country ruled by MUSLIMS! You know, the guys who chop your head off for disagreeing that the Koran is the whole truth?

As long as they listen to the people and do their best to do what the majority thinks is right, I don't see how such a system can fail.

This one made my day.  *<:) I bet you wouldn't say that if the majority thought genocide of a country was acceptable, while you, in the minority, thought it was freaking insane.

The system wouldn't fail; our species would.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 09:11:14 PM by TheCopperDragon »
X(A+B) = (AX) + (AB). Politicize that.

ViciouslyMe

• Realized Monster
  • <( ")> Obey Me
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 09:44:34 PM »
Yeah, just don't forget that you are a part of that species. And it shows very well.