Monstrous Café > Monstrous Events

Germans claim they 'invented' Halloween

<< < (3/7) > >>

Zak Roy Yoballa:

--- Quote from: Nina on December 30, 2006, 05:44:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: Loki on December 30, 2006, 03:23:54 PM ---But who the hell invented Christmas ???

This is even a bigger commercial feast !!!

--- End quote ---

Church, and the mob of Vatican, to make old pagan Holy days forgoten... they just substituted old Roman time of Saturnalys with the new Holy day.

--- End quote ---

Well that's not 100% accurate.  They picked Dec. 25 for that reason but the hoilday itself ORIGINALLY was to celebrate the birth of our saviour.  Unfortunately, as Loki so aptly stated, it has turned into a commercial feast.  I go out of my way to over explain the reason for the season to my kids for just that reason.  We read the Christmas Story out of the book of Luke too.  It's very depressing to see how we (Christians) have let the corporations of the world take this special day, the day that represents the Gift that God has given us, and turned it into "Daddy buy me that!" and "Mommy get me this!".

Thanks for bumming me out  J/K

ZRY

Phantom X:
Why do you need to celebrate your Lords birthday (Though, he wasnt even born in December)? Did they ever celebrate it in the Bible?

Shadowborn:

--- Quote from: Phantom X on January 05, 2007, 08:42:54 PM ---Why do you need to celebrate your Lords birthday (Though, he wasnt even born in December)? Did they ever celebrate it in the Bible?

--- End quote ---

Why does something have to be written in the Bible before it can be done?

Alix:
I'm American and i have no problem saying we are not an original country.

Nina:

--- Quote ---Well that's not 100% accurate.  They picked Dec. 25 for that reason but the hoilday itself ORIGINALLY was to celebrate the birth of our saviour.
--- End quote ---

Holiday is originally invented by church, and by nothing else. Before Christ there were many "gods" who died on cross and were born by virgin mother, but CHURCH brainwashed all, and it a sin to even question yourself.

<^> *burn witch, buuuuurn!!!* <^>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version