Monstrous Café > Monstrous Events

Germans claim they 'invented' Halloween

<< < (2/7) > >>

Shadowborn:

--- Quote from: Nina on October 30, 2006, 02:00:48 AM ---I know that there are a lot of americans here on board, and I dont want to offend nobody, but, you have to be well aware that your country is only like 400 years old
--- End quote ---

230 years, actually. Before that it was nothing but various colonial extensions of Europe, and prior to that an ancient wilderness where many people lived and thrived until the white man came and said, "Gee, what a great place God has given us, now we just have to drive off all these heathens..."

--- Quote ---you all came from Europe and other old parts of world, and you took the customs and  old believes with you to the new world. I know that this maybe uppseting you, but it is the truth, you already had all that when you left the old continent.
--- End quote ---

I don't recall anything in the original post contesting this point, Nina.

--- Quote ---I dont know why its so hard for some of you guys to admit the importance of the old world. Its not that you met all teh fairytale creatures when you got to teh promised land, you already had all that from your old home.
--- End quote ---

Uh huh...preaching to the choir...

--- Quote ---And Im sure that many of you dont really know the full lineage of ancestors. I know that I dont. Or am I wrong?
--- End quote ---

Don't really know, and don't really care. I am not defined by my ancestry, but rather by my own merits.

Shadowborn:

--- Quote from: M Sidhe on October 31, 2006, 03:28:05 PM ---St. Patricks Day.

--- End quote ---

I heard a great quote on TV the other day (concerning the Chicago River, which is rather disgusting to look at):

"Every year they dye the river green for St. Patrick's Day. Why can't they dye it blue the other 364 days?"  *<:)

Nina:

--- Quote from: Shadowborn on November 01, 2006, 10:39:16 AM ---230 years, actually. Before that it was nothing but various colonial extensions of Europe, and prior to that an ancient wilderness where many people lived and thrived until the white man came and said, "Gee, what a great place God has given us, now we just have to drive off all these heathens..."
--- End quote ---

Nothing to add on this

--- Quote from: Shadowborn on November 01, 2006, 10:39:16 AM ---I don't recall anything in the original post contesting this point, Nina.
--- End quote ---

ok, but you posted something, when you post anything be prepared to get various responds

--- Quote from: Shadowborn on November 01, 2006, 10:39:16 AM ---Uh huh...preaching to the choir...
--- End quote ---

sometimes I feel the urge to do so, if you have a problem with that, then you shouldnt post anything that could be missunderstood for political statment, and when you say that some country said something about the other, you coul expect that

--- Quote from: Shadowborn on November 01, 2006, 10:39:16 AM ---Don't really know, and don't really care. I am not defined by my ancestry, but rather by my own merits.

--- End quote ---

True, and you just made my point, thank you

Loki:
But who the hell invented Christmas ???

This is even a bigger commercial feast !!!

Nina:

--- Quote from: Loki on December 30, 2006, 03:23:54 PM ---But who the hell invented Christmas ???

This is even a bigger commercial feast !!!

--- End quote ---

Church, and the mob of Vatican, to make old pagan Holy days forgoten... they just substituted old Roman time of Saturnalys with the new Holy day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version