Dead... And Not So Dead > Near-death experiences

Dangers of Astral Projection (Out-Of-Body-Experiences, OOBE)

<< < (3/4) > >>

KubeSix:

--- Quote from: Lupus on March 30, 2010, 01:10:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: LeXtruX on March 30, 2010, 01:01:16 PM ---unlike others I won't be giving an answer to this... but it is something to think about... we deem our own house to be a safe haven too but it's full of dangers, so it might be dangerous too.

--- End quote ---

Yeh , i agree with LeXtruX on this one.

Life is full of danger anyway.
Allow me to speculate , but when some has a nightmare , they usually wake up very quickly - reacting to a precieved threat perhaps. That leads me on to thinking that if you come across danger when you astral project when asleep , (therefore dreaming?) You react to the danger by beating a hasty retreat and waking up?
Perhaps ive just spewed a bunch of crap  :banplea:

--- End quote ---

Actually, that sounds a lot like the descriptions I heard...

Lupus:
lol. truth be told i dont know alot about this subject , and i was only assuming

KubeSix:
Well here's the thing. (Source is a seminar (or series of seminars???) that were archived on a trusted site)

Like I said in an earlier post, the mind reverts back to its most comfortable state when losing focus or in danger, right? Well according to those people from the seminars, that's exactly what happens during an OBE. It even happens in a lot of cases simply when the person doing the OBE sees their body from a 3rd person point of view for the first couple of times. They get scared or lose focus, so what happens is what they describe as being "pulled back" to their bodies. Whenever something dangerous or stressful, scary or otherwise negative occurs or is about to occur, the "astral body", whatever it's supposed to be called, is "pulled back" again.

It often even happens, again, according to them, seemingly at random for most people and as the person does it more and more, the time between exiting the body and being pulled back becomes longer and longer and eventually, control is gained over that state.

All from that source, of course; like I said before, the closest thing to an OBE that I've had is getting my arms out.

So a wild guess or not, you were probably right :P

Lupus:
intresting stuff. annoying thing is there are so many doggy sites on this sort of thing , i tend to not bother reading them.
For the record , i think things through and use logic - sort of a educated guess lol

KubeSix:
Educated then... haha :P

Yeah, most websites on this shouldn't be trusted, but this one, among the reputable sites, is known as one of the first archives on psi in general and it's usually seen as a trustworthy source. I should've given the URL: http://www.psipog.net

It has how-to's for those who don't know where to start (although guides aren't really always a good thing, I guess it does help some people) and they used to give seminars, etc. It's a dead community now, the members who are still active in psionics have all left to other communities, some even made their own.

The guy who made the site, Sean (was Peebrain at the time), for example, made a blog/forum called A Little Weird. Unfortunately, he shut down registration not too long ago, since he stopped taking care of the site. The forum's still online, but only members can access it. Some people have been trying to make him allow registrations even if he doesn't manage it, but I dunno if he even checks the forums anymore himself... It's too bad, 'cause there are some really experienced people in there. (Sorry for the plug, it was meant to serve as an example... Please, mods, don't kill me, I'll behave T_T)

I'm careful when searching; there are more BS sites than good ones these days...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version