Author Topic: Is everybody here a goth?  (Read 29584 times)

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
  • Personal Text goes here.
Re: Is everybody here a goth?
« Reply #150 on: September 07, 2009, 02:23:33 PM »
But a non-blue smurf reduces my childhood memories to a swirling mass of confusion and ignorance... :-fly)
Seek not beauty in battle. Seek not beauty in death. Consider not your own life. If you wish to protect that which must be protected, then strike when your opponent's back is turned.

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #151 on: September 07, 2009, 02:24:31 PM »
 Aren't everyone's childhood memories a swirling mass of confusion and ignorance??  :?
...The monster in the cage
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

Ryobi

• Realized Monster
  • As Above, So Below.
« Reply #152 on: September 07, 2009, 05:51:07 PM »
Oh! Oh! I can answer this one!!! Pick me!!!
When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?"

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
« Reply #153 on: September 07, 2009, 05:58:32 PM »
Aren't everyone's childhood memories a swirling mass of confusion and ignorance??  :?

I'm still living my childhood :3 (And always will be :-P) But my "10 years and under" folder was already pretty unorganized... You rendered my swirling mass of confusion and ignorance into a swirling mass of confusion and ignorance... if that makes any sense at all XD <:smurf

Oh! Oh! I can answer this one!!! Pick me!!!

Oh hey there, Ryobi!

Anyone else...? *<:)
Seek not beauty in battle. Seek not beauty in death. Consider not your own life. If you wish to protect that which must be protected, then strike when your opponent's back is turned.

Whitedrake

• Great Master
« Reply #154 on: September 07, 2009, 06:06:47 PM »
my childhood awas a swirling mass of anger, awkwardness, and massive amounts of ritalin...
Too weird to live....too rare to die

Ryobi

• Realized Monster
  • As Above, So Below.
« Reply #155 on: September 07, 2009, 06:45:31 PM »
Mine was water but instead of hydrogen and oxygen, it was doubt layered between anxieties and exposure therapy. Then the temple pissed religious doctrine into the mix and flushed it all down the loo.  :-D
When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?"

Whitedrake

• Great Master
« Reply #156 on: September 07, 2009, 06:48:41 PM »
aw what a...adorable childhood

Muerte

• Realized Monster
  • Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!
    • www.myspace.com/drkhrt_2
« Reply #157 on: September 07, 2009, 07:08:24 PM »
  Be glad of those challenges of earlier life.  Hard though they may have been, they are what help to define us now.  Look at it this way, all those well to do, never have to suffer, fight for the things they needed in life, they turn out to be pompous empty headed fools with delusions of self importance.  Paris Hilton comes immediately to mind.  The hardest lesson learned is the one that will stay with you the longest, if it does not kill you (either physical or mentally) then you will be stronger for it.
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #158 on: September 07, 2009, 08:06:01 PM »
 Wow.. I'm not even going to go into my childhood... or adulthood.... Moloch and Drake remember when I posted about it before. It's hard to go into that much detail and leave it out like that. Really hard.

But Muerte is right. It will make you stronger. It also has made me a bit of an @sshole. I don't want to hear someone's 'poor me' story when they try to use it as a crutch. It's a BS excuse.
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
« Reply #159 on: September 07, 2009, 09:04:59 PM »
My childhood was a mix of awesomeness and loneliness (Yeah, weird mix, I know...) For a good part I would spend time with my friends (Who are still my firneds, they're what you'd call 'real friends'. One of them I've known since birth; our families knew each other before we were born) and play these weird imaginary games.. We had created this whole imaginary world and all...

On the other hand, when I moved away from there I couldn't see them as often and its tough to make new friends when the ones you have, you've known since you were like 2 at most... So I ended up being alone. It's taught me many things, though, so I agree with it shaping who we are now and making us stronger. After moving everything went downhill for me socially speaking. At the time I was the regular kid who only wanted to have fun, then slowly I started having darker and darker thoughts and kids just love to pick on the solitary one. In a way, I didn't mind being alone because I didn't want to be friends with these people, but the hate still grew. I once got in a fight with the big bully of the school. He had never really picked on me, but in sixth grade he decided he'd try... Bad decision, he regretted it. I try to keep my anger under control, but psychologists say people like me, who never manifest their anger or vent it, are the most dangerous.

In a way, I like it that way. I know if I ever need it, I have the greatest weapon of all right there. :wink: 0:)

Devinoir

• Realized Monster
  • I am what I am what I know I am not.
« Reply #160 on: September 07, 2009, 10:34:49 PM »
I really wanted to talk about my childhood, but if I ever do, and I doubt I will ever do that sincerely, that'll either be in the Poems or the Teen Thread...
There is I in every person,
Only long asleep...

Muerte

• Realized Monster
  • Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!
    • www.myspace.com/drkhrt_2
« Reply #161 on: September 08, 2009, 01:03:12 PM »
Wow.. I'm not even going to go into my childhood... or adulthood.... Moloch and Drake remember when I posted about it before. It's hard to go into that much detail and leave it out like that. Really hard.

But Muerte is right. It will make you stronger. It also has made me a bit of an @sshole. I don't want to hear someone's 'poor me' story when they try to use it as a crutch. It's a BS excuse.

I don't know if it is Molochs influence or not, but I am enjoying your company more and more.
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

Whitedrake

• Great Master
« Reply #162 on: September 08, 2009, 02:18:39 PM »
its not Moloch, trust me she just has that ability

Ryobi

• Realized Monster
  • As Above, So Below.
« Reply #163 on: September 08, 2009, 04:27:38 PM »
No, no my childhood wasn't difficult, I was sort of joking before. Therapy? Anxiety? Religious doctrine? I'm glad that's basically all I've dealt with. In fact, I've had all the material joys a kid could ask for, food in the fridge, toys, internet access, clothes, a bed, money. Medical help when I needed it (which I did). It was never unecessarily difficult and the only way it's made me stronger is in the sense that I am 'getting better'.

I know that the mind is not strong unless honed constantly over a lifetime, that nothing is strong unless you work at it and I guess that's the lesson I've learnt from childhood. I'm not like you Meurte, or you Kubesix, I'm not strong minded or strong-willed, I don't possess much inner-power and I definitely don't have a good coping mechanism (Kadesh...)! Any challenges I have, I don't throw myself at them, I don't believe I can hide well, instead and for lack of a better phrase, I wait and I listen closely and I slowly chip away at every obstacle with those traits instead.

It's the way I was raised; through my own mistakes and downfalls. Take things at a steady pace and the momentum you build up means you'll never have to stop.

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #164 on: September 08, 2009, 04:45:40 PM »
 Mo's had a bit of an influence on me, but that's just the way I am. I so badly want to say something here... but it's... eh... anyway... I'll substitute.... When you've been *blah blah blah blah blah blah* Then you have no sympathy for the people that just use what they've been through as a crutch or an excuse. Man up and accept that you eff'd up... don't give me that whiny @ss crap about "but I had a hard childhood"  :cry:  Look around... it's more normal to have a hard childhood than it is to have a good one.

Sorry... I get a bit pissy over that one..  :roll:
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10