Witches Brew > The Book of Shadows

dragons

<< < (2/4) > >>

Phantom X:
I think those refer to Satan in the form of a dragon, but I think slayer is talking about Wiccan Elemental Dragons.

Morticia:
I know.

I believe they are one and the same.

How better could satan creep into a person's life than by pretending to be harmless?  Witches and wiccans don't believe he exists.  That would be like me saying I don't believe in the AIDS virus.  It's still there and it's still a threat, whether or not I choose to acknowledge its existence.

Wicca is presented as a harmless earth-based religion.  I found it to be devil worship in disguise.  The more I learned, the darker it got.

When I saw satan I knew I had been fooled beyond all belief.  The good thing was that I had also been educated about him and know his weak points. 

~Morticia

Devious Viper:
The use of the dragon is purely symbolic. "Satan" is an angel, albeit fallen, a higher order of creation than Man; he appears as a perfect, beautiful being, and has none of the reptile in him.

Many Scriptural references to "dragons" result from an error in translation of the Hebrew "tan", which means "jackal" but it was taken to refer to a giant water-serpent, as a consequence of its relation to the name Tanith, a pagan goddess. Furthermore, the Bible as we know it now is very heavily influenced by Hellenistic-Greek philosophy.
Throughout the Hellenistic world, snakes and dragons were common as pagan symbols, as representative of the immortals and sexual union with the gods. Greece, (along with Western Asia, Egypt and India) was rife with myths of dragon combat, and dragons/serpents were frequently associated with water, such as the she-dragon or drakaina slain by Apollo, or Vritra, who encircled the waters of chaos. Also there were  the snakes of Medusa's hair, or the serpent who was a symbol of the cults of Asklepios and Isis.

Whenever there is mention of a dragon or serpent in the Bible, it is wise to assume it to be a symbolic reference, then check the original text, and also keep in mind the mythos of the age/culture in which it was translated/written. The dragon is endowed with heavy metaphysical imagery throughout the Bible, most of which stems from pre-existing mythology. This is not to discount the validity of the texts - it was a well-placed adaptation of symbols existing at that time, many of which live on today.

Phantom X:
Thanks DV  :lol:

Anyways, how can you say that Wiccans are evil? They believe and use the power of nature and dont have any spells that even remotly harm someone, and if a coven or group does then they are not Wiccan.

Morticia:
Dear Phantom,

I didn't mean to offend anyone - please re-read what I said.

Wiccans are definitely NOT evil.  I do happen to believe that they are being used by satan and don't even know it. 

I can't recall one single witch I ever knew, myself included, who did a spell trying to cause harm to anyone.  I meant well, but I was duped.

There was no power coming from the earth to me.   It was all from satan.   

Also, I personally believe him to be reptilian and ugly.  He can appear as an 'angel of light' when he chooses, confusing people, but the one I saw had a shape somewhat like a giant lizard, brownish-green, with tough woodlike scales.  It had extremely long fingers and nails.  I didn't look directly into it's face.

I had been taught  about the power of the Blood of Christ Jesus, and when I used those words, the creature simply screamed and dissolved.

It doesn't really matter how educated someone is regarding this matter, it's difficult for me to ignore a personal experience.

Best wishes,
~Morticia

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version