The Darker Side > Demons, Demonology and The Devil

Unforgiveable Sin?

(1/6) > >>

Dark Lord M:

--- Quote ---i live life without god, and i'm not suffering fear or terror?
--- End quote ---

Not yet, I think one of the unforgivable sin is casting out God from your life.

Bloody Angel:

--- Quote from: Lord Moriya on June 16, 2006, 05:50:23 AM ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Maybe this is not the right thread, but what do you consider sin? And what unforgivable?

Devious Viper:
(I have split the thread - Bloody Angel is right: this is a tangent of the original post, and well worth exploring in its own right.)

omnipotentoculus:
That is why the story of St. Paul is so important (though I don't always agree with some of his theology, or at least how it is interpreted). St. Paul wasn't just a non-believer, he was anti-Christian, actively working against them. Then one day he had a conversion experience. The door is always open, and it is there for you to walk through. And no sin is unforgivable, but, of course, one must ask genuinely for forgiveness. The only sin which is unforgivable is that for which one does not ask forgiveness.

jordyn:

--- Quote from: Lord Moriya on June 16, 2006, 05:50:23 AM ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

what if there is no god?

that's my problem with people who push sin based on some book written two thousand years ago, translated and re interpreted dozens of times, printed in thousands of languages and has been used to inspire more hate, terror and destruction than even the aztecian gods, who required bloody, brutal sacrifice...

and they say i'm a sinner?

why is it a sin to not worship an archetype, choosing to take life in your hands, accepting responsibility for the self, rather than surrending it all to some omnipotent man on high who destroys on a whim, punishes mercilessly and represents all sorts of evil doers, who violate what should be basic life tenets, for humanity...in his name?

what kind of god expects his followers to be little more than humble pets who require his "word" to tell them how to live, how can he expect others to obey him, when he's offered no reason for them to obey?

is that really what a god wants, or just the bible pushers and mysogynists that wrote the bible, a mere two thousand years ago?

who created sin?

even if i was to choose to follow a god, at some point in my life...i'd be more gnostic, they seem to have things a little more, equal with their interpretation of jesus and the messages he sought to spread to people...i'd rather know god personally than rely on the interpretation of another person to tell me what any god would want for me, shouldn't god let a person know what he/she expects of them, rather than placing faith in the creations of man?

or like heaven, is god only accessable to those who blindly accept the bible as his word and laws for living life?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version