Monstrous Café > Monstrous Radio

Monstrous Radio

(1/8) > >>

prezhorusin04:
Hello. Me Am Back to Cause Havoc here.. :-P

For those of you who don't remember me in my brief stint as a moderator here at Monstrous about 6-9 months ago, my name is Michael, and i post as MAD at www.nwowatcher.com . We do a weekly 1 hour net radio program over there called Revolution Radio which can be found at www.revradio.org .

Some things have happened since last i was at Monstrous, for one thing, i got a new computer since my last posts here, as my other one was on its last leg.. This transfer is one of the reasons that i haven't been around Monstrous as much in recent months, as well as i have kept busy trying to contribute to other sites, writing articles, doing interviews, and overall trying to make some meaningful connections, and maybe even some friendship across the Internet...

One of the last things that we discussed, Loki and myself, some moons ago, was the idea of doing a Monstrous Radio podcast of some kind.. I am here, in hopes, of helping to revive this idea.....!!

My thoughts and ideas for a Monstrous Radio show:

1) A one hour program each week, at first, covering mythology, monstrous news items, horror updates and whatever else that is related to Monstrous.com ..

2) The Monster Minute! This would be a short section of the show which would basically be an article read aloud covering a topic from upcoming Horror Movies, or Literature.. (I've got a friend, who is co-host of Revolution Radio, who i think might be interested in contributing some 'Monster Minutes' every few episodes...

3) Monstrous Music!! Playing our favorite music, in the show introductions, as well as exits. Playing whole songs from time to time, as well as occasionally playing theme music from horror movies and old television shows.... I'm sure there are a couple of us who have Horror Movie Theme songs on CD somewhere...

4) Book and Music Reviews.. Anybody could do short book and movie reviews to insert in the 1 hour show....

Basically, an exciting 1 hour program covering nothing but Monstrous related topics. I would be a host of the program, if there are no objections. Loki has stated interest in hosting, and i thought that maybe another Moderator would be interested in alternating hosting duties each week.....?

Through www.book-of-thoth.com i can help with some podcasting, but it would be much easier for me to store the shows through MP3 at first until we can transfer them all to Podcasts... Maybe we could get 2 or 3 shows under our belts first before we stored them as Podcasts.....???

ANYWAY, i just wanted to open this thread to kick around the idea of 'Monstrous Radio' or if 'Monstrous Radio' was what you would even want to call the show.....

If things work out with this, as time goes on, the option would be open to doing a 24/7 stream of Monstrous Radio if that's what you wanted to do... I just figured it would be best to work our way into that kind of situation, if that's what you guys decided to do...

I AM OFFERING TO MAKE A 1 HOUR PROTOTYPE EPISODE of Monstrous Radio for your consideration........

This thread should serve as a discussion of what topics you all think should be covered in a first episode......

Please leave your ideas here, and how you think i should proceed.....

Or if you want me to shut the f*ck up, i guess that's an option too.... :wink:

Devious Viper:
Hi Mike
Well, I'm in.

Let me think a while about how best I can contribute, and any suggestions... I just wanted to post this so you'd know I supported the idea  :-)

~ Viper ~

Phantom X:
Im all for it, though I really cant contribute to it.

prezhorusin04:
Hey Neil and Phantom.. I think that a Monstrous radio show would be unique and interesting. It's something i would definitely enjoy helping out with and getting started. You wouldn't even have to do it every week, but could have it bi-weekly at one hour an episode... Whatever you ultimately decide. No rush, i'm just anxious to at least try out a pilot episode for you. You could see what you liked, and what you didn't like. And decide whether or not you guys would want to host as well, or contribute book/movie/music reviews, read articles on new horror movies that are set for release.. Whatever you wanted!!

We could even have a place for emails of "paranormal" stories, hauntings, sightings, and could read them on the show and make comments with our thoughts on it.. There's plenty of things that we could cover a one hour program. From mythological monsters 1000's of years ago, to modern day horror movies, science fiction, television, literature.....

Weekly or bi-weekly is whatever you guys decide. Either way i am willing to help out with hosting/writing, and doing what i can with the Podcast and storage situation for the episodes.. We just have to talk more about it and hash out some details. Even if we do one episode it isn't like we're all obligated to continue with it if you guys don't like it, or want to do a Monstrous radio show..

I think that even 2-3 of us being dedicated, with thoughts from different members here, could produce a very entertaining program.... Even if it takes a few episodes to really get the hang of things...

We'd just have to work out a system, ya know....?

I'd like to try and have some fun with it!!!!

The_Seeker:
Hm, sounds like a lot of fun.  Sure, I'd like to co host.  All I need is a schedule of sorts.

A few horror movie criticisms could be interesting.  Following some news that we have scattered around here.  Maybe an urban legend/horror story reading.  Don't know what we'd use for music.

Though if I hear the Monster Mash heads will roll.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version