Author Topic: funny dreamwalking  (Read 5418 times)

bluebabe
  • Monstrous Imp
funny dreamwalking
« on: July 20, 2009, 02:39:15 AM »
Hallo everybody,long time no see!I'm in Thailand now.I have 4 months to live here, glad to come here again and share dreams with you guys!Now I live with some girls in a big room in a college hotel, and this happened to one of them who sleeps in the bed next to me.There is a small endtable between my bed and hers.

That night, when everyone was deeply asleep, I somehow stayed up very late, when I lay down, I heard that girl talking about fake hair stuff in her dream,very clearly. I ignored that because she always did that and I just fell asleep, when it came to 4 in the morning, I was waken up by a sharp noise of glass broken, I saw she sitting in the bed, looking at the broken glass on the floor that she had  just smashed from the endtable.There were tea leaves everywhere on the floor, and she did nothing but lay down again with a satisfied smile on her face, and everyone went on sleeping...

When everyone in the room got up that morning, getting ready for school, she was cleaning the mess on the floor, telling us she didn't know why but she just wanted so much to break that glass, she had sat up once last night from her dream, staring at that glass but did nothing because she managed to controled herself, but the second time she woke up from her dream,  she just did that what made her felt just satisfied...she said she didn't dreamt anything or coudn't remeber her dream.

Well,we just felt it was funny though no one knows why,I'd love to hear your theories about this or your similar funny dreamwalking or talking:)

bluebabe
  • Monstrous Imp
Re: funny dreamwalking
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 08:43:25 AM »
well in your dad's case,I don't know if he sleeps with his eyes open.many people really do, deeply sleep but eyes are half open,like my dad and sometimes myself,they do see the surroundings in the room,but had different reflections in their dreams.

I know many people talk in their dreams but not clear,that's why my roommate's fake hair dreamtalking was funny,lol  I once head my mom said something in her Majiang game in her dream,not clear but I could tell.

Ryobi

• Realized Monster
  • As Above, So Below.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 09:51:28 PM »
Had to sleep on the bottom of my cousins bunk bed at christmas and in the middle of the night she suddenly falls off the top bunk, lands on her feet and just stands there for a little while. So I ask;

'uh Liz? you alright?'

And she goes; 'nmnnnnmmmmmhhhgrghghg' or something similar.

'Alright then, do you want to get back into your bed mate?'

'ngngngmhrrrrmmmmnnnn'. . .
She starts crawling up the bed again and goes back to sleep.

Had no recollection of it in the morning, good laughs over breakfast though.  :-D
When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?"

bluebabe
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 02:25:09 AM »
haha,you guys just reminded me once when I was a kid, my dad woke up from his noon sleep on sunday, hurried to the bathroom and brush his teeth, I was wondering why he brushed his teeth in the afternoon,he has no such habit,and he doesn't smoke, then he gave me money for breakfast (I used to have breakfast outside),and he seemed in a hurry, I was so surprised but I said nothing, after he walked out of the door for a couple of minutes,he came back, said:Oh,today is sunday,I don't have to go to work"...

and guess what! last night,my classic roommate talked again!She's usually the first of us who goes to bed, and all of us lied in bed, still having our bed meeting,then she suddenly streched her one arm in the air and spoke in ENGLISH " That's what I'm talking about"...and then ,she turned around and went on sleepin.

I can share this after her permission:laugh: we don't speak Thai and we have to use English for everyday life here.in China, she's English major,maybe we can understand why she can talk in no mother languege,but I still wonder what was it that she was talking about...she couldn't remember though. 

bluebabe
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 02:50:14 AM »
well in your dad's case,I don't know if he sleeps with his eyes open.many people really do, deeply sleep but eyes are half open,like my dad and sometimes myself,they do see the surroundings in the room,but had different reflections in their dreams.

I know many people talk in their dreams but not clear,that's why my roommate's fake hair dreamtalking was funny,lol  I once head my mom said something in her Majiang game in her dream,not clear but I could tell.

If he doesn't sleep with his eyes half open, like you say, maybe he's just a little jarred and still partially hazy from being asleep and can't discern his dream from reality. The images might stick with him for a few seconds afterwards. Just a speculation there, though. :|

if he dreamt something weird but mostly in his room,that may be easy to explain,but I'm not sure about things in the living room,maybe he dreamwalk,too?I once dreamt about a scary face on the ceiling but when I woke up,eyes still fitting on the ceiling,I realized that was a shadow of trees out of the window.

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 04:07:31 PM »
I had a friend that use to sleapwalk alot, he would always pee on whatever he bumped into first,

He says the last time he did it he pee'd on an electric fence,

Id say that was a shocking experience, wouldnt you?

bluebabe
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 06:35:56 AM »
I had a friend that use to sleapwalk alot, he would always pee on whatever he bumped into first,

haha,really?I wonder if he walks with eyes open or not...but to pee on an electric fence was dangerous though-_-!!....and could he walked to a place with electric fence??

I know many kids who pee when they sleep usually have a dream about water or standing in the water,but I could hardly imagine pee when sleepwalking....???

Ryobi

• Realized Monster
  • As Above, So Below.
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 02:03:03 PM »
if he dreamt something weird but mostly in his room,that may be easy to explain,but I'm not sure about things in the living room,maybe he dreamwalk,too?I once dreamt about a scary face on the ceiling but when I woke up,eyes still fitting on the ceiling,I realized that was a shadow of trees out of the window.

Oh, he was asleep on the couch in the living room, so I do still hold to the theory that he either mistakes himself for being awake or the images stick with him after waking.

I guess if he wakes up with red eyes most mornings or finds that his eyes are sore when he first starts to blink, he may be sleeping with his eyes slightly open. However you're theories are very sound, in most sleep paralysis cases, on waking the person won't be able to move and will continue to see hallucinations in the room for a bit. Was listening to Jonen Vasquez one time and he was talking about his struggles with this condition, apparently he wakes up some nights, can't move and the door slowly opens and this giant blast of light pierces the room and he can feel fire as it hits his face, the smell of burning wood and skin and screaming coming from downstairs. There's no reason why a person couldn't experience one of those symptoms without the other. (not saying your father has this condition at all).

His dream-life may just be incredibly realistic though, at times I'll partly wake-up in the night and sometimes see small people on my bed, they have an inner light and are constantly moving. This can go on for hours at a time and I've never worked out wether I'm hallucinating while awake, or dreaming, even though it's confusing, it doesn't harm me in anyway, therefore doesn't matter  :-D
When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?"

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 04:23:27 PM »

haha,really?I wonder if he walks with eyes open or not...but to pee on an electric fence was dangerous though-_-!!....and could he walked to a place with electric fence??

I know many kids who pee when they sleep usually have a dream about water or standing in the water,but I could hardly imagine pee when sleepwalking....???

The fence was only about 20yards or so from his house, his dad had some goats,
wasnt high voltage or anything.

He says he never remembered any of it until the fence
says hes never done it sence either, so if your looking for a cure....
but I dont think I would recomend it.

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 04:28:14 PM »
yeah, that realy dose hapen, a friend of mine did the same thing, when he told me about it being the dumbass that I am, I had to see for myself.

ya realy cant let go for a few seconds,
I know from experiance.

bluebabe
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 12:03:45 AM »
My mom grabbed an electric fence someone used for fencing in horses, I think. It wasn't very strong, but all I know is that she grabbed it and her hand couldn't let go. She's told that story a few times in the past.

Well I wonder if it is common to have electric fence over there?if someone grabbed it, does he need someone else to use wooded stuff to save him,to get him away from the fence?This is not common in my country so I'm quite curious about it:)

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 12:50:32 PM »
The same friend I was talking about, had a dog, and the dog hated the fence, it would bite the fence, and get the hell shocked out of it, then back up and bark for a while, then do it again.

They finaly had to chain it up to keap it from shocking itself.

I dont know if the first jolt gave it brain damage or if it was just stupid.

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
  • Personal Text goes here.
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 01:06:01 PM »
that sounds like something my dog would do >.> he runs around the house and BAM! Hits his head... rinse and repeat, all day long. I thought huskies were supposed to be smart XD

My lil brother dream walks too... comes running in my room
Him: "Where's the captain?!"
Me: "What?"
Him: "The captain! Where is he?!"
Me: "Oh, he left just now, I think he's in the living room..." I'm evil  <^>
Seek not beauty in battle. Seek not beauty in death. Consider not your own life. If you wish to protect that which must be protected, then strike when your opponent's back is turned.

Ryobi

• Realized Monster
  • As Above, So Below.
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 02:06:16 PM »
Sounds like my sister.

her - Ally, You've got to move the box.
me - what box?
her - the box! The one on top of the mannequin!
me - alright then *puts mirror behind couch*

Apparently in dream talk box means mirror and mannequin means couch.

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
  • Personal Text goes here.
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 02:25:59 PM »
lol..I still dont understand who the captain was, though  :-P
Seek not beauty in battle. Seek not beauty in death. Consider not your own life. If you wish to protect that which must be protected, then strike when your opponent's back is turned.