Author Topic: Germans claim they 'invented' Halloween  (Read 12458 times)

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
Re: Germans claim they 'invented' Halloween
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 02:38:00 PM »
I am curious. name one.
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But donít be afraid. And donít forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts

Nina
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 10:30:31 AM »
Just one? Ok.... Tamuz  :roll:

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2008, 10:43:03 AM »
I'll need much more info than just that. :x
-Kingdom Hearts

Nina
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2008, 11:01:40 AM »
Dont expect that Ill do your job  :-D , if you wanna know something search for it. I am not a worthy teacher  :x :oops:

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2008, 11:10:44 AM »
Ah well, there go my hopes.
 :lol:
but just so you know i think you know alot.
-Kingdom Hearts

Nina
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2008, 12:05:21 PM »
You are playing on my ego card ...  :-o

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2008, 12:21:44 PM »
if your ego is any indication of the size of the card. it would be a poster
-Kingdom Hearts

Nina
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2008, 12:27:13 PM »
Hi hi, it sure would   :-D :-*

but it took years of training, young one!

Sick_Angel13
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2008, 01:50:31 PM »
Well that's not 100% accurate.  They picked Dec. 25 for that reason but the hoilday itself ORIGINALLY was to celebrate the birth of our saviour.

Holiday is originally invented by church, and by nothing else. Before Christ there were many "gods" who died on cross and were born by virgin mother, but CHURCH brainwashed all, and it a sin to even question yourself.

<^> *burn witch, buuuuurn!!!* <^>

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm under the impression that a virgin getting pregnant by gods was an pagan idea, which I read in my last year's notes about facts, mistakes and flaws that can be found in the bible.

Ok, you can throw tomatoes at me now, I waiting.

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2008, 01:57:42 PM »
*catches the toMAHtooos and eats them like little chillies*

BUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRBNNNNNNNNNNN!!! <^>
-Kingdom Hearts

Nina
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2008, 02:01:16 PM »
pagan is the word, yes.....  8-)

Raz, enjoy your tomatoes, you are next!  :evil:

Sick_Angel13
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2008, 02:30:05 PM »
*catches the toMAHtooos and eats them like little chillies*

BUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRBNNNNNNNNNNN!!! <^>

Thanks alot lol that was a close one

Raz, enjoy your tomatoes, you are next!  :evil:

Leave some for me too, ok? lol just joking. *<:)

Countess

• Great Master
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2008, 05:08:05 PM »
St. Patrick's Day as well as Valentine's Day were originally Christian Saint Days that have since been commercialized. December 25 was chosen because of it's proximity to the Winter Solstice during which the pagan God is born to the Maiden form of the Goddess. Pagans invented Halloween, regardless of where they were geographically. The Christian church did in fact choose the dates for many of their festivals based on the timing of the pagans since it was easier to get people to convert which is why many symbols seem to overlap. One of the best examples is Easter which is known to wiccans as Ostara or Eostra & is a time of rebirth & fertility which is symbolized by pagans using eggs & rabbits.

ImmortalKain

• Vampires
  • Great Master
  • Embrace the Darkness within yourself
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2008, 09:55:33 AM »
I know that there are a lot of americans here on board, and I dont want to offend nobody, but, you have to be well aware that your country is only like 400 years old, and you all came from Europe and other old parts of world, and you took the customs and  old believes with you to the new world. I know that this maybe uppseting you, but it is the truth, you already had all that when you left the old continent.

What you americans did to Halloween was nothing more than comercialize all that and make the biggest money maker (along with the red Santa that Coca-cola invented)...

I dont know why its so hard for some of you guys to admit the importance of the old world. Its not that you met all teh fairytale creatures when you got to teh promised land, you already had all that from your old home.

And Im sure that many of you dont really know the full lineage of ancestors. I know that I dont. Or am I wrong?

Not all of us are this way. I have no need for such stupid things and I am pretty much stuck in the beliefs and realm of my ancestry (arrogant Irish bastards they they were  :lol:)  Actually tracing my lineage has been rather exciting. It takes a while but I have been able to go back quite far. No kings or lords or cool stuff like that though lol. But yeah I agree with you,  Nina americans are all a bunch of powder puff sissies that look at the world through rose colored glasses and hear only the poisonous words of their failed leaders.
Nothing brings you closer to reality
Than the taste
Of rejection

Nina
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 02:06:20 AM »
Irish, ey? Cool! I planed to go to Ireland some couple of years ago, strange how my people are so connected with Irish and every Irish who came here or met my poeple say we are very much alike, maybe it has something to do with celt tribes that were all around Europe... anyways, what I wanted to say is that I know its not all Americans are like that, but unfortunately, many times I got proof of their ignorance, and sometimes it offends other people, cause it seems like some of you think you are the oldest and smartest in the world, when my old grannys house is older than your country.... that makes me kind of mad.... but that is only your leaders fault, and not peoples.... I know that ordinary people in USA have bigger issues than stupid terrorist fraud, so I kind of feel sorry for you, cause your government spends more money on killing strangers in foreign lands, that they spend on education and health in own country. That is really sad..... I also know that the figure of non literate people in USA reaches almost 30% which is a shame, and to see the number of homeless and poor is devastating....

I hope you people will get the thing in your hands, same as you did in ī70. Power to the people!!!!

I hope Loki wont be mad at me for this post, he warned me not to be rude to Americans.... so I really hope I wasnt... or was I?