Author Topic: Is The Devil Actually Evil?  (Read 21734 times)

Moloch

• Realized Monster
Re: Is The Devil Actually Evil?
« Reply #150 on: September 13, 2009, 07:18:34 PM »
Ahhh, suddenly I have a vision of the christian god as some freak who is male on one side of his profile, then, when he turns to the other side, he has a female profile...

Also, "Devil" stands for the religious entity only if the "d" is capitalized. In the event that it is not, it can refer to any number or type of malevolent or heathen creatures.

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2009, 12:43:53 AM »
To answer the question: DEVIL

Aw great DEVIL= Da' Evil.

Ergo people were just too lazy to write "the evil."
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But donít be afraid. And donít forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts

Banshee
« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2009, 01:08:06 AM »
Finally someone who got my silly letter joke!  :lol:

Ok i admit im not the best in making jokes, but that doesnt keep me from trying  :-D

Whitedrake

• Great Master
« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2009, 02:16:40 AM »
Id guess that the devil is kind of like a disgruntled employee. God didnt give him the promotion he wanted, and so after eons of workin for this man he dosnt get this promotion and just goes apes**t. Post office principle, but on a bigger scale with two armies on either side. So if we assume from the original post that Lucifers original post has him punishing the wicked, then would it be safe to assume thats all he really knew. Therefore, he would be compelled to do so, however he wants to start his own business where hes the boss, so he cant rightly call it heaven can he? i mean thats gotta have a copyright. so he calls it hell, slaps on some fire, paints himself red and BOOM, he's in business.

Now, in all seriousness, i dont know whether Lucifer is evil, but if we look at the book of Job, then we see that Lucifer actually converses with God, in Heaven. God says "See this guy Job, that guy just loves me" Devil says "bet i can change that" God says bring it. So id say that hes there to keep us on our toes. Maybe there is another evil out there, that isnt described in the Bible?
Too weird to live....too rare to die

Banshee
« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2009, 02:38:30 AM »
Very good point you got there Whitedrake, a very good point!

Whitedrake

• Great Master
« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2009, 02:45:33 AM »
Take note im not saying there isnt a greater evil out there,a Devil. Im just saying that Lucifer may not be it. The Holy Bible has gone through many edits before getting where it is now, take that into consideration when consulting it. God gaves us free will, and men could have altered that text to suit their own needs. I submit that hell was not created by God, but possibly it is a construct of another being, one who preys on the morally wretched of existence. Think of Lucifer as a test, if you fail his tests you can still redeem yourself but it puts you that much closer to truely evil things.

Banshee
« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2009, 03:12:32 AM »
Yeah, it always confused me cause Lucifer means something like "bearer of Light" and Light is good sooo... you can see my confusion there   :roll:

Whitedrake

• Great Master
« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2009, 03:26:15 AM »
well if i remember correctly, he was Gods favorite before the fall.

Ryobi

• Realized Monster
  • As Above, So Below.
« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2009, 03:52:44 AM »
Lucifer also refers to the Bringer of Light or the Morning Star. This would link Lucifer to Venus as Venus is also seen as the Morning Star?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 04:30:12 AM by Ryobi »
When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?"

Banshee
« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2009, 04:20:01 AM »
I think that is right. a good student.  :lol:

Moloch

• Realized Monster
« Reply #160 on: September 14, 2009, 04:34:51 AM »
Lucifer also refers to the Bringer of Light or the Morning Star. This would link Lucifer to Venus as Venus is also seen as the Morning Star?

No, not "Morning Star" - it's "MOURNING Star".

Ryobi

• Realized Monster
  • As Above, So Below.
« Reply #161 on: September 14, 2009, 04:43:58 AM »

No, not "Morning Star" - it's "MOURNING Star".

Are you joking or could you expand please? Because as far as I knew, it was Morning Star...
When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?"

Banshee
« Reply #162 on: September 14, 2009, 04:45:24 AM »
no its not:

Lucifer is a Latin word, literally meaning "light-bearer", that was used as a name for the "day star" or "morning star" that precedes the rising of the sun.

wikipedia

i know, i just luv to quote  :-D

Moloch

• Realized Monster
« Reply #163 on: September 14, 2009, 10:35:35 AM »
He has also been referred to in some texts as the "Star of Mourning"; referring back to his rebellion and subsequent fall. He has been so called because of the mourning of god when he fell from grace. Personally, the two are probably interchangeable.

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #164 on: September 14, 2009, 11:00:25 AM »
Ok how many theories do we have as of the moment? Can anyone here post a summary?
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But donít be afraid. And donít forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts