Author Topic: Is The Devil Actually Evil?  (Read 21672 times)

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
  • Personal Text goes here.
Re: Is The Devil Actually Evil?
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2009, 12:09:31 PM »
But how long can you cross between the two sides and play in that gray area? How long until you, yourself become gray...

We're all gray, to some extent... You can't be completely white or black, there's always part of you that isn't. Me, for example, I'm more of a dark gray person; I'm neutral and do things my way, as long as it benefits me. But I'm also leaning toward the dark side a bit... But to say I'm totally black would be a lie, even if I were a serial killer or some genocidal maniac. (Like Muerte said, they have loved ones and just that proves that they've got a bit of good in them.) Same thing with being completely white. To fit the thread's subject, God can't be totally white, or he would've forgiven both humanity and the Devil. And it's not really a bad thing to become totally gray and stop caring. Being completely black wouldn't be a good thing, but being completely white wouldn't be either.
Seek not beauty in battle. Seek not beauty in death. Consider not your own life. If you wish to protect that which must be protected, then strike when your opponent's back is turned.

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2009, 12:55:31 PM »
thats a damn good point too Kube,

nothing is compleatly good or compleatly evil, it just cant be,

thats why Im grey, I have some balance, I know good from bad, but I will do what is called bad to acheive good, by my standards.....or the other way around, if I nead to, I think if we are true to our selfs, that is good enough,

or not, but who gives a fark, any more followers? lets just get drunk and be somebody, but dont drive.  be a de......driver......what the fark was it?......

crash......burn........

sponcered by,
"the fark it religion, bringing people to hell since 2009"

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2009, 01:23:19 PM »
thats a damn good point too Kube,

nothing is compleatly good or compleatly evil, it just cant be,

thats why Im grey, I have some balance, I know good from bad, but I will do what is called bad to acheive good, by my standards.....or the other way around, if I nead to, I think if we are true to our selfs, that is good enough,

or not, but who gives a fark, any more followers? lets just get drunk and be somebody, but dont drive.  be a de......driver......what the fark was it?......

crash......burn........

sponcered by,
"the fark it religion, bringing people to hell since 2009"

Yes, doing bad to achieve good, that's a great way to put it. It's like asking someone to kill one innocent in order to save a thousand. Killing the innocent person isn't right, for most people, but in the end, a thousand will live, so is it really bad?

Hmmm... the fark it religion... I LIKE IT
(Although you're a little late, I got my VIP pass to Hell a long time ago :-P)
Seek not beauty in battle. Seek not beauty in death. Consider not your own life. If you wish to protect that which must be protected, then strike when your opponent's back is turned.

Strife

• Great Master
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2009, 01:34:54 PM »
im going to hell anyways better enjoy the time while im here  :evil: fark it religion :)

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2009, 08:56:31 PM »
 Hmm... I think I'm too old... No one got the hand basket joke. Ah, well.

I don't know what you'd call me. I'm not white. I'm not black. I'm......... I don't know anymore...
...The monster in the cage
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2009, 09:53:40 PM »
That means you're gray :-P (Logical, don't you think, since we seem to have settled you can't be black or white?)

Strife

• Great Master
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2009, 08:20:09 AM »
i agree with kube six, if your neither white or black, you would have to be gray, and if not gray somewhere inbetween them all....ohh idk  :laugh:

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2009, 05:48:42 PM »
 I suppose gray would be right. But some days I feel too numb to be anything.
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2009, 05:59:23 PM »
That's the point of accepting your... grayness?, you don't need to be anything :-P You can just look up to the world and say "fark you, world I'll be whoever I want to be" :-D

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2009, 06:02:46 PM »
 Wait... it sounds too simple to be possible................

I can simply be myself without worrying (to a degree) who I'm offending or who I'm not? Wow........ what a concept. Seriously... I've always had the "I don't give a flying f#ck what you think" attitude... but it was mostly a front. I hid myself so no one would know how deeply some things hurt me. The 'tough girl act" is simply that with me......... 99% act... to keep from getting hurt.
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2009, 06:47:50 PM »
I tend to think back on what I do, but only if I personally care about the other person. If it's a stranger or someone I don't care about, I say why bother? I can't get everybody to love me, so I won't try.

I stopped caring what others thought about me when I saw that people in general don't like me. I'm not a people person, I'm not sociable, outgoing or cool. I guess it's just the aura I have. I'm also not the type to go party out, make friends, talk in class, suck at school, sleep around and put up a fake personality for everyone to see, so I let it go and let the world around me fark itself up without my help. I realized that just last year; it's much easier to stop caring than bother feeling hurt. I'm a sensitive person, but I'll use my feelings to better my life and help the ones I care about, not to make strangers I don't care about like me...

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2009, 07:31:57 PM »
 I don't care if everyone likes me ... I do try to get along with people though. If for no other reason than to avoid the drama. I've just...... I dunno what the hell is wrong with me. Nevermind.

No. The devil isn't necessarily evil just because he's the 'devil'.
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

Strife

• Great Master
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2009, 11:37:46 PM »
exactly kadesh thats what i been trying to point out, and i got a very social laid back kinda of attitude kubesix, im like your opposite lol except for stop caring i agree there, its better to stop thinking about how hard life can be and just move on with your life correct? :-D

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2009, 11:47:24 PM »
Exactly! People have the bad habit to try and make everything better all the time.

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2009, 12:34:57 AM »

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Satan

To be fair. Sez here he started as an agent of gods will testing us mortals. Then the came the Christians who confusedly mistook "lucifer, star of the morning"  Nebuchadnezzar and the serpent in the garden get mixed up in this crap and hence a fusion of the three, known as satan. Fast forward to the middle ages where he turns into an old goat tempting people in the countryside and getting outsmarted by farmers and other smelly pesants lol.

Next the renaissance where he becomes a lawyer.... yeah. the article is so much better than my summary. go read it.

And only during the 19th century where some protestant yahoos (no insult intended... well actually i just wanted to use a derogatory term.)
Where some  (see above)  Turned him into some anti-god...............

Alright so there are a lot of possessions and evil spirits. but damn! This is turning into a game of where is wally if ya know what i mean.

What the hell is satan really?

ANd can someone verify the validity of this article? I'd do it but i just ate a big lunch(mm mm steak and minestrone soup) and need to rest cause i'm a lazy bastard.
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But donít be afraid. And donít forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts