Author Topic: Is The Devil Actually Evil?  (Read 21672 times)

Muerte

• Realized Monster
  • Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!
    • www.myspace.com/drkhrt_2
Re: Is The Devil Actually Evil?
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2009, 03:09:37 PM »
To answer the question: DEVIL

You're right, the word devil signifies an evil spirit, but he was called that precisely by those who think he's evil. We're debating whether or not he should be called that.

But DEVIL isn't much of an explanation, proof or justification. I could use GOD = DOG as a counter-argument.

True, the purpose to what we do here is attempt to make sence of the unknown.  I know others before have tried and there will be others after us, but if what we discuss here helps others in the future, then it is not a wasted effort so please, if you wish to contribute to the conversation contribute with facts or even opinions, but make sure they are thought out opinions.
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2009, 03:49:30 PM »
I know the devils true name, its Jack Danniels.

Ive killed the bastard many times, but he keaps coming back
and hes not evil untill the next day.

Banshee
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2009, 03:50:59 PM »
Using God-Dog here doesnt apply cause its a mirror case.

Muerte

• Realized Monster
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2009, 04:42:01 PM »
Using God-Dog here doesnt apply cause its a mirror case.

Though it is another way to simply manipulate a word to get a differing meaning.  Words do not make one evil, neither do names, it is the deed which should be judged.
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

Banshee
« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2009, 04:45:00 PM »
I bet you think Devil is a nice guy.  :-D

Words actualy have their meanings and energies they carry with their pronaunciation. To not acknowledge that is plain stupid.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 04:48:31 PM by Banshee »

Muerte

• Realized Monster
« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2009, 04:49:50 PM »
I bet you think Devil is a nice guy. Or Master?  :-D

No one is my master, and I do not care if anyone is a nice guy.  The point of this thread is to figure out if devil is actually evil.  Have you read the entire thing yet?  Please read it and then tell us if you think the devil is evil.

Ryobi

• Realized Monster
  • As Above, So Below.
« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2009, 06:37:48 PM »
Banshee in the site rules it says this:

Signatures and avatars should not contain excessively gory, violent, sexually oriented, drug related, overly distracting or offensive content.

Also, I don't really know what your point is but if it's what I think it is, then I agree  :wink:.

The devil may be a human concept, however the forces he represents; the name of them is 'evil', the name 'devil' is what we attribute to him. There isn't a mystery behind it, this is like saying, oh we shouldn't call that thing a table because it could be used as a chair. We should call all tables chairs as well and all chairs tables, because you can do 'table things' on them.
When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?"

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
  • Personal Text goes here.
« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2009, 06:42:19 PM »
I bet you think Devil is a nice guy.  :-D

Words actualy have their meanings and energies they carry with their pronaunciation. To not acknowledge that is plain stupid.

Why, yes I do. Compared to how the tales make God look, he looks like a person I'd want to hang out with. He spoke his mind and favored knowledge over obedience. What did he get for it? Exile. That makes God look like a spoiled little kid who just wants to control everything, don't you think? (That, I quote from someone else, I think it was on this thread, but I can't seem to find it. Someone said something about God seeming an arrogant brat or something like that.)

And words having power and adequate meaning is not necessarily true. Lucifer means "Light Bearer" or "Morning Star". "Demon" has its roots in the proto-indo-european term "Deiwos" which meant "Celestial", "Bright", or "Shining". So what gives the word "Devil" any power? It's like saying someone called Alexander will be a heavy-built good-willing cop because his name means "Defender". I read somewhere (Don't remember where exactly) that Angels used to be put in the general term of "Demon".
Seek not beauty in battle. Seek not beauty in death. Consider not your own life. If you wish to protect that which must be protected, then strike when your opponent's back is turned.

Banshee
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2009, 05:16:38 AM »
I dont think Devil is BAd same as i dont see god good. Their purpose is not of any aliance, it is us who are really important here. They are just figures that lead us towards our destiny.

Ryobi

• Realized Monster
  • As Above, So Below.
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2009, 05:26:57 AM »
It's like saying someone called Alexander will be a heavy-built good-willing cop because his name means "Defender". I read somewhere (Don't remember where exactly) that Angels used to be put in the general term of "Demon".

No, it isn't. The name Alexander means nothing but 'the name of a boy' in modern context. However 'Devil' is the name of a singular religious entity and it is not what the name means but the entity who is called by that name that represents evil.

And Banshee I will ask you again to obey the rules of the forum by changing your avatar. Those rules are in place for many extremely good reasons. One of those reasons is to make sure that other people's stays here enjoyable and unworrying. At the moment, that avatar makes that difficult for some.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 05:31:58 AM by Ryobi »
When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?"

Banshee
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2009, 05:39:23 AM »
Ok, I thought that would be proper for a forum named MONSTROUS, I apologize again. Im on it as we speak.

better now?  :-D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 05:42:51 AM by Banshee »

Ryobi

• Realized Monster
  • As Above, So Below.
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2009, 05:44:24 AM »
Thankyou so, so, so much Banshee.  :lol:

And I must commend you on your taste, that right there is a beautiful avatar.

Banshee
« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2009, 05:48:00 AM »
Thanks, i think she really is a beauty too. :-D

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2009, 08:30:38 AM »
 She's right Banshee, it is a beautiful avatar, and we thank you for changing it.

I dont think Devil is BAd same as i dont see god good. Their purpose is not of any aliance, it is us who are really important here. They are just figures that lead us towards our destiny.

I have to agree with Banshee here... neither seems to be necessarily good or evil. They are portrayed that way, but how many times has someone seen something God has allowed to happen as bad or evil??
...The monster in the cage
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

Banshee
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2009, 08:37:22 AM »
Thank you!  :-D

And my point exactly.