Author Topic: Is The Devil Actually Evil?  (Read 21672 times)

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
  • Personal Text goes here.
Re: Is The Devil Actually Evil?
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2009, 11:01:34 AM »
It's like saying someone called Alexander will be a heavy-built good-willing cop because his name means "Defender". I read somewhere (Don't remember where exactly) that Angels used to be put in the general term of "Demon".

No, it isn't. The name Alexander means nothing but 'the name of a boy' in modern context. However 'Devil' is the name of a singular religious entity and it is not what the name means but the entity who is called by that name that represents evil.

And Banshee I will ask you again to obey the rules of the forum by changing your avatar. Those rules are in place for many extremely good reasons. One of those reasons is to make sure that other people's stays here enjoyable and unworrying. At the moment, that avatar makes that difficult for some.

But you miss my point.

Banshee said words have power. If words such as "Demon" have an 'evil' influence over the figure they represent, the same thing should apply to any name. After all, the word Demon or Devil is just another name like Alexander. Alexander isn't simply the "name of a boy" it's a name that signifies protection and that's how it used to be seen when it was first used in the language in which it actually closely related to the word "defender". look it up; every name has a meaning, it can be quite interesting. But just because humans gave an entity a name with evil meaning, does that really mean anything? And if the Devil really is evil, why was he called an Angel before he became the Devil? Are we to say the word Angel also makes its respective figure evil, just like Devil, because one used to be the other?
Seek not beauty in battle. Seek not beauty in death. Consider not your own life. If you wish to protect that which must be protected, then strike when your opponent's back is turned.

Banshee
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2009, 11:42:24 AM »
Yes, but what about evil angels and good demons then? There are cultures that have both. How do you explain that?

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2009, 12:35:15 PM »
Yes, but what about evil angels and good demons then? There are cultures that have both. How do you explain that?

No, Banshee, how do you explain that? You're the one who said these names had power, I said they did not, and so, my version of the thing justifies good demons and evil angels. (Even if there's no such thing as good or evil, but for the purpose of the thread, let's pretend there is.)
Seek not beauty in battle. Seek not beauty in death. Consider not your own life. If you wish to protect that which must be protected, then strike when your opponent's back is turned.

Banshee
« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2009, 02:14:42 PM »
All i was trying to say is that, maybe we humans dont know the real meaning of all words?

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2009, 02:16:09 PM »
All i was trying to say is that, maybe we humans dont know the real meaning of all words?

You forget we made up those words. Unless you think god, if such a being exists, would speak English :-P? How could we invent words without knowing their meaning?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 02:20:38 PM by KubeSix »

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2009, 02:22:39 PM »
 If God speaks anything.... SHE speaks Latin. Why, you ask? Because I said so. *<:)

I threw the She in there just to be funny. I really do think God is a man... it's satan that's a woman. :evil:
...The monster in the cage
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2009, 02:42:50 PM »
If God speaks anything.... SHE speaks Latin. Why, you ask? Because I said so. *<:)

I threw the She in there just to be funny. I really do think God is a man... it's satan that's a woman. :evil:

Like George Carlin said: Only a man could've screwed up as much as God did. :-P

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #142 on: September 13, 2009, 02:45:02 PM »
 There's another comedian that says God is either woman or gay because of all the color combos in fish and all the pretty scenery. *<:)
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

Banshee
« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2009, 03:22:16 PM »
hahahaha i like this one  *<:)

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #144 on: September 13, 2009, 03:28:45 PM »
 Personally, I think Satan... aka, the Devil... is female. Evil? Again... not necessarily. Perhaps viewed as so because there always has to be two sides to a coin. If God is good.... that would make the Devil evil.
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

Banshee
« Reply #145 on: September 13, 2009, 03:37:43 PM »
I think that each polarity has its two sides. One for male energy, one for female energy. So, that would mean that both god or satan have their female selves. There is yin and yang, light and darkness, day and night, good and evil, in everything and everybody.

aslo, i have a question: do people go to hell (  :roll: lets play for now that there really is one) cause they are evil or cause of the choice they made?

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #146 on: September 13, 2009, 03:45:53 PM »
 I believe it would be both. If you make 'bad' choices all your life, wouldn't that make you 'evil'?
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
« Reply #147 on: September 13, 2009, 03:50:05 PM »
Yeah, someone would be considered "evil" because of choices they've made. If not, then what would even make someone evil in the first place?

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #148 on: September 13, 2009, 03:56:17 PM »
 Being born the Antichrist? *<:)
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

Banshee
« Reply #149 on: September 13, 2009, 03:59:38 PM »
But, what if someone has the best intention, and all that someone does is a havoc in the end which would hurt a lot of people, and many would say that person is evil?