Witches Brew > The Book of Shadows

SIMONOMICON

(1/2) > >>

Angelus:
As a Mod here and a student in demonology, the occult and folklore it is not often I ask a question here anymore. But here goes. I have been given the NECRONOMICON by Simon as a birthday gift from my wife. It is a beautiful and interesting book. And before we get into it, I know Lovecraft's NECRONOMICON is fictitious and bladebla. For any one who has not read this book, the author, only known as Simon, Has collaborated all the ties between Crowley's beliefs, ancient Sumerian and Babylonian and Lovecraft's C'thulhu mythos. Claiming they are one and the same using different names for gods and demons. Very interesting but rife for speculation. Anyway. I was wondering (outside of the Wikipedia article) if anyone had any information on this book or its author or if anyone has tried any of the spells or rituals of it with any degree of success? Anyone who answers that the raised C'thulhu and shared and evening with him will be put on my sh*t list.

Jake:

--- Quote from: SIMON ---THE EDITOR and the Publishers anticipate that there will be a demand at first for privileged views of the original NECRONOMICON, whether out of curiosity's sake, or by nervous experimenters who will be certain that we did not copy a sigil correctly, etc...Therefore, as a matter of policy, we cannot honour any requests to see the NECRONOMICON in its original state...
--- End quote ---

Says it all, really.

--- Quote from: Angelus on December 19, 2011, 05:40:17 AM ---And before we get into it, I know Lovecraft's NECRONOMICON is fictitious and bladebla. For any one who has not read this book, the author, only known as Simon, Has collaborated all the ties between Crowley's beliefs, ancient Sumerian and Babylonian and Lovecraft's C'thulhu mythos. Claiming they are one and the same using different names for gods and demons.
--- End quote ---

You can't see what you just said there? /shrugs

If we accept X is fictitious what possible use does it have in allegedly factual publication Z? That's like saying, "I know the Bible is a work of fiction, but this cool book I have just obtained called the Elbib shows that it is actually all true fo shizzle ma nizzle. Just using different names and s**t."

--- Quote from: SIMON ---The current revival of the cult called WICCA is a manifestation of the ancient secret societies that sought to tap this telluric, occult force and use it to their own advantage, and to the advantage of humanity as was the original intent... (my emphasis)
--- End quote ---

This is a massive clue; the book is a complete work of fiction written in 1975 to cash in on the hippy-trippy bulls**t-fuelled "occult revival." It is on a par with Dennis Wheatley's "The Devil Rides Out" and - hush! whisper these words -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNaZedAWmlE

"...the last two lines of the Su Sumer ritual..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oShTJ90fC34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zoSCn0XR1I

--- Quote from: The Mad Arab ---Seek ever to keep the Outside Gate closed and sealed, by the instructions I have given thee, by the Seals and the Names herein. Seek ever to hold back the Powers of the Cults of the ancient Worship, that they might not grow strong on their blood, and on their sacrifice. By their wounds shall ye know them, and by their smell, for they are not born as men, but in some other fashion; by some corruption of seed or spirit that has given them other properties than those we are familiar with. And they like the Dark Places best; for their God is a Worm.

IA! SHADDUYA IA! BARRA! BARRA! IA KANPA! IA KANPA!
ISHNIGARRAB! IA! NNGI IA! IA!

The Stars grow dim in their places, and the Moon pales before me, as though a Veil were blown across its flame. Dog-faces demons approach the circumference of my sanctuary.
Strange lines appear carved on my door and walls, and the light from the Windows grows increasing dim.

A wind has risen. The Dark Waters stir. This is the Book of the Servant of the Gods . . 

--- End quote ---

Its melodramatic enough, for sure, I'm just amazed that nearly 40 years later people are still handing over money for this fiction.

--- Quote from: Angelus on December 19, 2011, 05:40:17 AM ---Anyone who answers that the raised C'thulhu and shared and evening with him will be put on my sh*t list.

--- End quote ---

I just got his answerphone; he was busy being summoned up in some teenager's bedroom at the time. I tried the book's summoning ritual for The Watcher instead, but he asked if he could reschedule because he was just on his way out to buy some stamps and cat food.

An ancient sage, the collector of 500,000 atrocities from every corner of the globe, is alleged to have uttered the most infamous incantantion of all:

--- Quote from: Phineas Taylor Barnum ---There's a sucker born every minute.
--- End quote ---

Don't take that to heart - it is a great coffee table book if you have like-minded friends, and a good talking point. But as a manual of the occult? Best kept on the coffee table.

Nina:
This post was so refreshing. Made my day. Nothing to add. The drum rolls did it i think. xD

Angelus:

--- Quote from: Jake on December 24, 2011, 05:15:26 AM ---
--- Quote from: SIMON ---THE EDITOR and the Publishers anticipate that there will be a demand at first for privileged views of the original NECRONOMICON, whether out of curiosity's sake, or by nervous experimenters who will be certain that we did not copy a sigil correctly, etc...Therefore, as a matter of policy, we cannot honour any requests to see the NECRONOMICON in its original state...
--- End quote ---

Says it all, really.

--- Quote from: Angelus on December 19, 2011, 05:40:17 AM ---And before we get into it, I know Lovecraft's NECRONOMICON is fictitious and bladebla. For any one who has not read this book, the author, only known as Simon, Has collaborated all the ties between Crowley's beliefs, ancient Sumerian and Babylonian and Lovecraft's C'thulhu mythos. Claiming they are one and the same using different names for gods and demons.
--- End quote ---

You can't see what you just said there? /shrugs

If we accept X is fictitious what possible use does it have in allegedly factual publication Z? That's like saying, "I know the Bible is a work of fiction, but this cool book I have just obtained called the Elbib shows that it is actually all true fo shizzle ma nizzle. Just using different names and s**t."

--- Quote from: SIMON ---The current revival of the cult called WICCA is a manifestation of the ancient secret societies that sought to tap this telluric, occult force and use it to their own advantage, and to the advantage of humanity as was the original intent... (my emphasis)
--- End quote ---

This is a massive clue; the book is a complete work of fiction written in 1975 to cash in on the hippy-trippy bulls**t-fuelled "occult revival." It is on a par with Dennis Wheatley's "The Devil Rides Out" and - hush! whisper these words -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNaZedAWmlE

"...the last two lines of the Su Sumer ritual..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oShTJ90fC34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zoSCn0XR1I

--- Quote from: The Mad Arab ---Seek ever to keep the Outside Gate closed and sealed, by the instructions I have given thee, by the Seals and the Names herein. Seek ever to hold back the Powers of the Cults of the ancient Worship, that they might not grow strong on their blood, and on their sacrifice. By their wounds shall ye know them, and by their smell, for they are not born as men, but in some other fashion; by some corruption of seed or spirit that has given them other properties than those we are familiar with. And they like the Dark Places best; for their God is a Worm.

IA! SHADDUYA IA! BARRA! BARRA! IA KANPA! IA KANPA!
ISHNIGARRAB! IA! NNGI IA! IA!

The Stars grow dim in their places, and the Moon pales before me, as though a Veil were blown across its flame. Dog-faces demons approach the circumference of my sanctuary.
Strange lines appear carved on my door and walls, and the light from the Windows grows increasing dim.

A wind has risen. The Dark Waters stir. This is the Book of the Servant of the Gods . . 

--- End quote ---

Its melodramatic enough, for sure, I'm just amazed that nearly 40 years later people are still handing over money for this fiction.

--- Quote from: Angelus on December 19, 2011, 05:40:17 AM ---Anyone who answers that the raised C'thulhu and shared and evening with him will be put on my sh*t list.

--- End quote ---

I just got his answerphone; he was busy being summoned up in some teenager's bedroom at the time. I tried the book's summoning ritual for The Watcher instead, but he asked if he could reschedule because he was just on his way out to buy some stamps and cat food.

An ancient sage, the collector of 500,000 atrocities from every corner of the globe, is alleged to have uttered the most infamous incantantion of all:

--- Quote from: Phineas Taylor Barnum ---There's a sucker born every minute.
--- End quote ---

Don't take that to heart - it is a great coffee table book if you have like-minded friends, and a good talking point. But as a manual of the occult? Best kept on the coffee table.

--- End quote ---

You think I contradicted myself. My stating that Lovecrafts NECRONOMICON is fictional but continuing to ask my question anyway. Let's start with this. I have never said this as it come across as arrogant and I don't like when other mods throw their status around but show some respect to the moderators. Nina. You are the first person to go mental when someone disrespects you so do not incorage such behaviour. Let's now move on to the subject at hand. I did not ask of the story in the book is true, or if it was sourced where it said it was. That's all BS. I asked if anyone had tried the spells. Since magic spells are written by men and seem to depend on the user and not directly the spell itself it's plausible the spells could work. Also the whole drawing similarities between deities and fictional deities is completely possible too. Saying your book is the true NECRONOMICON is just a good way to get sales. Doesn't negate everything in it.

Nina:

--- Quote --- I did not ask of the story in the book is true, or if it was sourced where it said it was. That's all BS. I asked if anyone had tried the spells.
--- End quote ---

If you dont find it true, then asking others if they tried the spells would be a bit of an insult dont ya think? "Hey I find all this a bunch of BS, but did u try it?"

Seriously?

--- Quote ---Since magic spells are written by men and seem to depend on the user and not directly the spell itself it's plausible the spells could work
--- End quote ---

So, did YOU try the spells? How did that go?

Oh, and yeah, I go mental when i smell lack of reason. ;) I found the reply funny and over dramatic, but the way u asked and what about, simply to me wasnt in a category of SERIOUS. You took it way too personal.

Again, did YOU try them? Maybe your post and question will have more credibility if you did, then you can tell us that we are maybe wrong about finding all this Simonomicon thing a joke.

And whining is also not a way a moderator behaves ;) You took it way too personal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version