Apocalypse Soon > Conspiracies

Science

(1/4) > >>

vampiric_black_demon:
I do love this subject too, Theology and Science go hand in glove my friend God has left visible evidence Everywhere you just need to find it , and as i recomended before please pick up an English Quran you will understand my meaning and what i have been meaning to say otherwise it really is not my business or position to judge peoples beliefs however what the bible fails to explain Quran does they are in essence mostly the same. im no expert niether can i say much which is why so i dont make the mistake of running my mouth on wrong things just pick up an English Quran , just to study , to read it .

markml0528:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, theology and science disagree with quite a few things.  Would you mind showing me where God has left evidence?  If you make a claim, please do back it up with evidence or facts.  The burden of proof is the responsibility of the one making the claim. 

FlamE:
It's funny how people still believe the way people explained our existence and put it in books thousands of years ago rather than how people(scientists) explain it now.

Nina:
maybe cause we learned that scientists are mostly a bunch of egoistical maniacs that can destroy entire population if pushed in the right direction?

(if want explanation of this statement, just check the internet and see where this famous science of ours brought the Planet to)

does it make them better or worse than any other "leading" figure, such as presidents or priests or doctors?

i see a lot of people lately spit on religions and beliefs, only to make a new God out of science, and scientists new priests...

think where it took us in the history

and sure, no one can prove God, but let me play his advocate just for the sake of debate, and ask who was it that proved God is not existing?

dont get me wrong, im not saying science is all wrong and religion is all about candy.... i do have a logical mind beneath all this weird lifetime experience....

but just but, what if everyone is wrong?

or better, what if everyone is right and not all is defined by a few rigid "laws" that are the result of people doubting and searching throughout aeons?

not all is matter in the Universe, and not all can be defined as such....

Jake:
(I've been away visiting friends for a few days, and I see there are quite a few new discussions I want to contribute to but I'm stuck for time right now. Starting with this thread as it is top of the "recent posts" list.)

--- Quote from: Nina on June 17, 2012, 08:07:03 AM ---maybe cause we learned that scientists are mostly a bunch of egoistical maniacs that can destroy entire population if pushed in the right direction?

--- End quote ---

This is just flawed. You might well ask "What have the Scientists ever done for us?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso

When and where did "we" learn "that scientists are mostly a bunch of egoistical maniacs that can destroy entire population if pushed in the right direction"? I certainly haven't learned it. I did, however, learn that scientists developed a vaccine for polio, which at its peak was leaving around 20,000 children paralysed in the United States alone. The disease has now been *almost* eradicated worldwide. Scientists also successfully eradicated Smallpox and Rinderpest. Millions of lives have been saved by antibiotics, developed by scientists. The average life expectancy of Neolithic man was 20 years. During the early 17th century, life expectancy in England was 35 and two thirds of all children died before the age of 4. By the mid-18th century only one in four children in London lived past age 5.

Life expectancy in England today is 80 years...

This is the result of science.

--- Quote from: Nina on June 17, 2012, 08:07:03 AM ---does it make them better or worse than any other "leading" figure, such as presidents or priests or doctors?

--- End quote ---

Well, doctors are "scientists." But to address your argument, science is neutral, and a double-edged sword. And I would go so far as to suggest that science is at its most dangerous when it falls into the hands of people who want to exploit it... for example politicians and religious leaders.

Do you blame Alessandro Volta, Benjamin Franklin, Nikola Tesla and Michael Faraday because political prisoners have been tortured with electric shocks? Does that misuse of their discoveries outweigh electric light, heating, baby incubators etc etc?

Scientists discovered nuclear fission. Scientists built the first atomic bomb.

But it was a Southern Baptist 'man of God' (and US president) - Harry S. Truman - who ordered American airmen to drop it on Hiroshima...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version