Apocalypse Soon > The End

ZOMBIES

(1/1)

Dani-Bear:
   THEORY 1:: 

Okay, I'm new so please no crulety if you think I'm insane. :)
 But, I beleive in the Zombie Apocolypse. To begin with, even though it may have been drugs, but a dude ATE another human being. And yes, there are canibals, and there has always been canibals. From the beggining- people have eaten people- but he did it in public, and they shot the dude four times and each time he growled at him....
   After that headline hit- CDC reacted after it, and on the CDC Site, under a heading of "Emergency Preparedness and Response" is a subhead called "Social Media: Peparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse." The CDC is going to be the reasonings behind it. They have so many chemicals and along with the U.S and Chinese Military with the Chemical warfare. They know that things are going to winde up happening.
   There was another case of a derranged man in New Jersey that stabbed himself repeatedly and through 'bits of flesh' (and possibly entrails) at police officers as they tried to subdue him. Another incident from Baltimore in the cannibalistic slaying of his roommate, and the accounts of a bear who ate a convicted murderer rounded up a series of potential evidence pointing to a Pandemic for sure. I know that there is no way that the dead could just all of a sudden 'raise from the dead' but i do beleive that if the CDC isnt more careful than i dont think were safe.

THEORY 2::
  I also beleive that if the CDC keeps everything in lock and key. we still may not be safe. There's supposed to be 7 yrs of hell on Earth (bible) and it says in the bible 'the dead will rise' it also says that the bodies die and the souls live on through God. In my opinion Satan will raise our loved ones and that will be our 'Hell'
  I believe that it'll happen. Give me some oppinions.....
 Nice ones please ^^

Jake:
The CDC's graphic novel ("Preparedness 101: Zombie Pandemic") was meant to "demonstrate the importance of being prepared in an entertaining way that people of all ages will enjoy."

As they explain

--- Quote ---Readers follow Todd, Julie, and their dog Max as a strange new disease begins spreading, turning ordinary people into zombies. Stick around to the end for a surprising twist that will drive home the importance of being prepared for any emergency. Included in the novel is a Preparedness Checklist so that readers can get their family, workplace, or school ready before disaster strikes.
--- End quote ---

They chose zombies because, well, they're kinda fun to read about and a big part of pop-culture... not because they believe there is a risk of a zombie apocalypse.

You can read the graphic novel here: http://books.google.com/books?printsec=frontcover&id=UWbJa4JqX_oC#v=onepage&q&f=false

The whole point of the exercise is to make you consider emergency preparedness, threat unknown. Think Katrina. Or SARS.

Personally, I suspect that the greatest threat to man is the humble 'flu virus, not Umbrella Corp's T-virus...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_OyT6clx1s

Moral? Zombies are fun and scary... and not real. But between January 1918 and December 1920 up to 130 million were killed by a single 'flu pandemic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version