The Darker Side > Human Monsters

Human Urges

(1/1)

Toxic Sunshine:
I'm curious to know if there are any myths that deal with humans having strong urges to kill and torture (animals, other humans, doesn't matter). The urges are so strong that they are often overpowering, and can be "caught" from individuals who have them and spread like a disease. I'm pretty sure I have heard of a myth like this but I can't think of the name.

I apologize if this is in the wrong section.

TeteoInan:
Seems like the right place to me. ^.^

and I can think of a Movie or Two... A couple Books... but not so much a Myth.
I can also think of dozens of other Myths that relate to it, saying these urges are more like symptoms rather.
Psychological problems and Physical illness are the most obvious though.

Welcome to Monstrous, btw.

Toxic Sunshine:

--- Quote from: TeteoInan on November 22, 2011, 07:00:28 AM ---Seems like the right place to me. ^.^

and I can think of a Movie or Two... A couple Books... but not so much a Myth.
I can also think of dozens of other Myths that relate to it, saying these urges are more like symptoms rather.
Psychological problems and Physical illness are the most obvious though.

Welcome to Monstrous, btw.

--- End quote ---

Do you remember the title of any book or movie that relates to this?
And thank you. (:

TeteoInan:
The Crazies is the FIRST that comes to mind, honestly.
28 Days Later is next...
s**t went around for a little while about the Swine Flu.

Just... off the top of my head examples.
Google darlin' ... I'm sure you'll find something. ^.^

jordyn:
serial killers have been known to do such things as children, usually from messed up families and really bad mothers. It's not a myth if it really happens. The ID channel does a lot on the subject of human depravity and how the brain and environment develops it. I'm particularly fond of Women Who Kill. They do the psychogical work up as to why they did it.  It's not contagious though. Rob Zombie's Halloween showed this well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version