Dead... And Not So Dead > Death in action

Top 10 Weird Ways We Deal with the Dead

(1/4) > >>

prezhorusin04:

http://www.livescience.com/history/top10-after-death.html

Kadesh:
 That's very interesting, but I don't get a couple of them. The one with the vultures.... you can't get a body off the Earth permanently. The bird eats you, digests you, and poops you out. There's no way to stay in the sky forever. Unless you could possibly turn yourself into air...
 Secondly, to 'bury' the dead by wrapping them in shrouds and leaving them in trees. Eventually, the shroud and the body would decompose to a point that bits and pieces would fall. Maybe even a whole head. Who, besides a twisted few on this site, would want a loved one to be walking along and have a badly decomposed head fall on them? I can't see my Grandmother being thrilled with that.

2gunsdrawn:

--- Quote from: Kadesh on March 06, 2008, 11:25:45 AM --- That's very interesting, but I don't get a couple of them. The one with the vultures.... you can't get a body off the Earth permanently. The bird eats you, digests you, and poops you out. There's no way to stay in the sky forever. Unless you could possibly turn yourself into air...
 Secondly, to 'bury' the dead by wrapping them in shrouds and leaving them in trees. Eventually, the shroud and the body would decompose to a point that bits and pieces would fall. Maybe even a whole head. Who, besides a twisted few on this site, would want a loved one to be walking along and have a badly decomposed head fall on them? I can't see my Grandmother being thrilled with that.
--- End quote ---
About the vultures- I think it's mostly just symbolism. People back then probably didn't take the excretory system into account.
and about the bodies in trees- I'm no expert, but i bet they would leave the bodies a specific patch of trees, and then stay away from them. Like a graveyard- dump the bodies there and don't come back.

Kadesh:
 I realize that, but I'm sure there was someone like me that thought it was a tad silly. And I don't really mean anything about the parts falling on people. I just wanted to illustrate that the bodies wouldn't stay there. I personally have no desire to be burried or respected after death. I have my own plans......

MetalDragoness:
Those were all very interesting. I can def see your point on bodies falling out of the trees. I am not sure I would want that. In fact I would probably piss my pants if something like that happened.

However I am not a fan of burial the way we have been doing it for ages, Put a person in a box so that when they do decompose they do it in the most expensive place possible. I also think of the body as a vessel for the soul and that a soul cannot be contained in a box.

No cremation or burial for me I have other plans as well.

And I really want to go to the "Body Worlds" show if it comes to my town, that is both macabre and educational.

Has anyone heard the story of the Chinese prisoners related to the German  scientists show?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version