Monstrous Books > The Monstrous Library

What are some of your favorite books?

<< < (4/4)

mickey:
two of the best books i ever read (and the scariest) were Haunted by Chuck Palahnick and Hell House by Richard Matheson. both books kept me up all night! they were entertaining and terrifying

TeteoInan:
Anything by C.S. Friedman
She's most famous for her Coldfire Trilogy, but I enjoy the book I've read from her Magister series ( trilogy? )

Inferno by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle

( I Had a topic about that... and 1984 by George Orwell)

Uhm, Kim Harrison's Hollows series, particularly the first two out of it: Dead Witch Walking, and The Good the Bad and the Undead

Laurell K Hamilton's Anita Blake series... particularly Obsidian Butterfly

Let's see, Book of the Dead by John Tiggs

and a couple from when I was younger:

The Hounds of the Morrigan by Pat O'Shea ( You should read that one Azzy, right up your alley )

Susan Cooper's The Dark is Rising series.

I'm sure there's more...
tons more...

mickey:
oooooh man! obsidian butterfly is the beeeeest booook! i love that book and i completly forgot about it, and ow that your saying this i have to reread it!

TeteoInan:
hehe, there are a couple of her books that come close... but until I read another book like that one, It's what I compare the rest to.

jordyn:
Every one has them and some are good to recommend, mine would be.

Seriously the bible, no matter how you view it there's some good stories with nice symbolism if you're into that.

Neil Gaimen's American Gods, one that was well recommended and the last book I actually sat and read.

It's not a book but Young Goodman Brown by Nathanial Hawthorne was awesome and from that point it goes more into authors.

The Dragons of Pern by Anne McCaffery

Clive Barker
Piers Anthony
Tanith Lee

And I've been working on finishing The Source by James Michener, mad it up to where El became El Elohim.  ;) It has some good theories so far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version