Ghosts, Poltergeists & Apparitions > Ghost hunters

Local Investigation

<< < (5/5)

Barek Halfhand:

--- Quote from: Cynic on November 04, 2011, 02:38:55 PM ---That night ended and i dismissed it from my mind as some silly explanation. But it made my brother keep his eyes and ears open more. A few weeks later he heard the same music at the same time and the same place. But thats not what warrented our investigation. Cedric has 2 daughters. Kendall and Eralyn. One of the days where he had custody for the day, Kendall was in the kitchen and Eralyn was in her room playing with her toys by herself. She ended up coming out crying to her father, saying that someone bent her finger back. But there was no one in the room with her. THIS is what caused us to investigate Cedrics house.

--- End quote ---

Couple of questions:

How old are the daughters? Is there a chance they could have overheard conversations or picked up on activity related  the discourse of the ensuing investigation? (kids are highly susceptible to suggestion) ....

I'm not a huge proponent of EMF measurement but while unproven scientifically, EMF sensitivity may be
a contributory factor relating to Cedric's feeling "drained"...mold, toxins and other possible environmental agents can also cause this...

I have had a few bouts with inexplicable music myself (one recently) and while I have not ruled out a supernatural origin, I do know that sometimes electronic devices and even appliances under the right conditions can act audibly as radio receivers, an old grocery story PA that I converted into a bass practice amp occasionally picks up an Chicago sports radio station ...

That said, intuitively I do feel there is something going on there based on my general impression of the photos (to be taken with a grain of salt) ...

Anyway it's good to see you are writing up a detailed description of what transpired to precipitate the investigation, site notes etc. Even if you didn't post this on the net it is still good to have case files to reference in the future.

Keep us posted and perhaps there are members here that can offer some advise on blessing/cleansing the site if inclined....

-Barek-

warped_demon:
His girls were 6 and 4 at the time.. the 4 yr old is the one who came in a said someone bent her finger back.. and no she couldnt have overheard us talking about it because it was never mentioned around them.. he only gets them on the weekend and she was the only one in the room when she said her finger got bent back and at that point was when i decided to do an investigation, i have lived in that house for almost a year now and as far as the unexplained music goes.. it was an old time country song and i was the only person in the house and walked through each room while still hearing it and it never got any louder or softer so i know it cant be the the appliance explanation. and i know it wasnt coming from one of the neighbors cause, well i live in the middle of no where lol

ChaosDreamer:
Sounds pretty scary in there. Why won't he cooperate?

TeteoInan:
"The Asylum has had apparition sightings, unexplainable voices and sounds, and other paranormal activity reported in the past by guests, staff, SyFy's Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters Academy and the Travel Channel's Ghost Adventures. Step back in time and see how the mentally insane lived, and died, within these walls.

Thousands have been committed to the asylum over the years, and hundreds unfortunately died here. Decide for yourself if they’re still occupying the historic wards and treatment rooms."

For more information, Read here:

http://trans-alleghenylunaticasylum.com/
http://trans-alleghenylunaticasylum.com/main/hauntings.html

Both Ghost Adventures and TAPS has apparently visited and done their own investigations on this place...

http://www.skepticalviewer.com/2008/04/30/trans-allegheny-lunatic-asylum/

Personal Experiences?

My friends and I did the tour forever ago.
Never got anything good, because when one of us would try to take a picture, or get the attention of our guide, whatever was going on would stop.
Everything from some of us seeing a figure, reaching out to touch someone, to a little rocking chair moving on its own...
The freakiest is when, somehow two of us got lost.
We saw the rest of our group moving towards the end of the hallway, and we SWORE they turned left.
There wasn't a left available to take for at least a couple hallways.

A couple years ago, at a Halloween event called the Witches' Ball, there was a band up on stage ( Torment Garden ) that kept having "technical malfunctions".
Think about this for a sec:
Hundreds of people have visited the place... Thrills, anxieties, excitement available everywhere!!
What's this going to give our Ghostly Hosts?
Now, add all the electronics from some of the tours, the Haunted House, all of the bands' equipment...
We were bound to experience some stuff, yes?
Well, there's a little girl that's trapped there at the Asylum... and This band that kept having "malfunctions" was singing about her.
Everytime they got to the chorus ( I'll see if I can find the song, itself for you all ), their amps would shut off.

There are dozens of things I'd like to check out in my area.
What about the rest of you guys?

tehloserer:
Count me in for any investigations in the Charleston WV, USA, area.  I'm not a full on believer, but not a skeptic either.  I'm a man of science.  I enjoy the thought of paranormal existences, but need proof in the form of consistent repeatable evidence.  As for the ghost shows, I'm a taps fan for their approach to things.  Zack is a lil too, what's the word, i don't know.  Over the top I guess.  I've never experienced anything that would lead to me feelings there is no other explanation aside from paranormality.  (makin' up words FTW!)  I'd love to go on any hunts or other searching for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version