Dead... And Not So Dead > Death in action

Captain America has left the building...

<< < (2/3) > >>

ModernDayVampire:
i heard they wanted to make the punisher into the new capt america

Kadesh:
  How can you make the Punisher into Capt. America? HELLO! He's already the PUNISHER!! He has soemthing to do! You know, punish people and stuff.

Zak Roy Yoballa:
I'm not sure if the punisher has what it takes to fill the essence of Capt America.  He's a little too selfish, which is what makes his character cool! :wink:

Kadesh:
.... OK... dumb question... is the Superhero Registration Act real??  :? I really don't understand comics... I'd say that it's silly to care because they're just comics.... but I'd cry if someone said "they're just shoes" so I understand the passion people have with them even if I don't share it.  :lol: I'll shut up now!  *<:)

:focus:

SherlawkDragon:
Well, yes, it is a comic, and it is imaginary.  But at the same time, consider this idea from South Park (yes, southpark.  It's a very deep satire, and can be referenced)
Imaginary things, in a way, are real, in that they affect us in some way.  Think of Superman, or Spiderman. they aren't real, but they affect our lives in a deep way.  Who doesn't look up to some Superhero or another at some time?  Think about Jesus, he is (somewhat) imaginary in a way (though some might disagree), but he has been one of the most influential people in existence.  Think of religion: religion is imaginary, yet almost everyone has one (including atheists, that is also a religion).  Imaginary things affect real life, be it Satire, Fantasy, Super-heroes, Religion, you name it!  Thus: Imaginary things are real.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version