Monstrous Books > New Publications & Authors

Twilight?! by SM

(1/10) > >>

Raysa:
Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer . . .

Now, before any HQ & self respected readers proceed trolling and whatnot, I assure you that I'm not particularly a fan. Aargh, the damn book is all over the news, it's maddening.

Apparently, it's farking famous. World-wide-famous kind. Oh, the endearing love between a [glittery&flawlessly flawless] vampire and [MarySue a la Ultimatus] human girl.

^^ Let's discuss the books/movie. I'd like to hear your thoughts, comments, complains/etc about it, and for those who are clueless to what it is, google it.

thefang1:
I have never read the Twilight series and do not plan to.  I'd just like to point out that, from what I've heard, the storyline is based on a human-vampire romance.  This is a common love that cannot be story, and I personally think that any book that uses it should have some kind of twist to it, but there isn't according to my knowledge.  Not that I want to insult anybody or their opinion, but I think that Twilight, like Harry Potter, is a repetitious, unimaginative, falsely advertised, and generally predictable series.

Blackout:

--- Quote from: thefang1 on August 15, 2008, 03:05:11 PM --- Not that I want to insult anybody or their opinion, but I think that Twilight, like Harry Potter, is a repetitious, unimaginative, falsely advertised, and generally predictable series.

--- End quote ---

I have read them and I agree. AND there is FOUR of them, same story in all of them, she gets in trouble and ht gets her out of it. :-P

Moloch:
Now that I've read this, I doubt that I'll be reading this series.

rockandrollxcore:
The books were terrible. I read all four within 6 days because they were written by, I swear to God, a 15 year old girl with only a 9th grade English Composition class to her previous writing credits. If you start reading them and continue to read all four because you're hoping they will get better (like I did), and mature in character development, story line and action, don't hold your breath.

Eric Carle puts more emotion and thought into his his books...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version