Monstrous Books > The Monstrous Library

Kubic poetry

<< < (6/6)

KubeSix:
Sermon of the Anarchist

I won't give up, whatever the opposition may be.
Even if it's an army, I'll find a way
Because I don't fight for myself and I'm not alone.

I dream of a brighter tomorrow
And of days seldom filled with sorrow.
Of hollow streets where resounds the echo
Of my footsteps towards that new morrow.

I dream of cities in ruin
And of skies of sunlight bleeding.
The ashes of my time settle
And rise again with my footsteps
As I walk through the starlit valley of death.

Until my knees break down
And in my blood I drown,
I'll fight for tomorrow
My heart filled with sorrow.
I thought it was time to feed you guys more of my s**tty poetry! This one was inspired by a friend of mine. He's an anarchist and also one of those people that I can call a true friend. Those italicized words at the beginning are quoted from him.

Kadesh:
 I really like that, Kube. If you don't mind, I'd like to share that with someone who isn't a member of this site. He's important to me, and I believe he'll appreciate your work. I really do like that... it speaks to me on some level.

KubeSix:
I don't mind at all, go ahead! I'm more than happy to know that it's considered good enough to be shown to others. :-) Thanks for the comment ^^

Kadesh:
 Thanks, Kube! I'll be sure and let you know what he has to say.

KubeSix:
Matsogi

Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self-Control
Indomitable Spirit

I shall observe the tenets of Taekwon-Do.
I shall respect my instructors and seniors.
I shall never misuse Taekwon-Do.
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice.
I shall build a more peaceful world.

Rivers of blood,
Pain, sweat and tears.
I crossed them all,
Seldom with fear.

I have lost everything
But still kept on fighting.
Now I must face my doom
In this dark dim-lit room.

My hands have been broken
By years of harsh training.
Yet still they cannot fight,
Even with all their might,
Death, in this darkened room.

In memory of Grand Master Trân Triêu Quân
3/26/1952 - 1/12/2010
RIP
I learned today that my Taekwon-Do instructor died in the Haiti earthquake while on a business trip. His body was found today in the hotel where he stayed after a long search. His room number and floor were given by his partner who was staying in the same hotel and is now at a hospital in Montreal. He was the President of the International Taekwon-Do Federation for the past 8 years, succeeding the founder, General Choi who passed away in 2002. His life wasn't easy; born in Vietnam, he lost a brother during a bombing in the War and later his parents and four of his siblings (He had nine in total) were lost at sea nine years later. He was later imprisoned and had to survive the brutal prisons of Vietnam where he was chained 14 hours a day and had to fight other inmates just to live another day. It was a life sentence but luckily enough, pressure from Canada got him freed. He said himself that he owed his survival to Taekwon-Do in an interview. He learned the art from Lieutenant-Colonel Kim Bong Sik and became a black belt at 17, forty years ago. I didn't only hear the news as a former ITF practitioner, but also as one of his students; he's the one who brought Taekwon-Do to Quebec and he took over our club when the instructor who was in charge at the time had to leave. He was there at every competition and was the one who did the opening and closing ceremonies. To us he wasn't just a man, nor a mentor, but also an ideal, something to look up to and say "One day I'll be like him." He was not only a powerful fighter, but he was also an example for all of us, an incarnation of the five tenets and a man of great wisdom. He trained his entire life and cheated death many times, but in the end, he died without a fighting chance. So I dedicate this to him and to his life's work. May he rest in peace.

PS: The italicized text are the five tenets of Taekwon-Do followed by the oath, they're words every practitioner speaks at the beginning of a class. They're more than rules, they become a way of life. Matsogi is the name of the competition team of our club, those who were in it were trained specially for competitions and we followed an additional course that was taught by the club's instructor. It means "Combatant" in Korean.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version