Monstrous People > Mutants, clones and cyborgs

Gene engineering

<< < (3/8) > >>

KubeSix:
Oh, okay. Yeah, that could be a problem... But by the time we would actually have evolved significantly, who knows, maybe we won't even be using technology anymore

Ryobi:
Was talking about this in Biology today, apparently one of the major concerns is to do with where scientists get the stemcells from in the first place. They 'grow babies' then kill them at 8 weeks and harvest the cells.

This is what I've heard.

KubeSix:

--- Quote from: Ryobi on August 28, 2009, 05:53:57 AM ---Was talking about this in Biology today, apparently one of the major concerns is to do with where scientists get the stemcells from in the first place. They 'grow babies' then kill them at 8 weeks and harvest the cells.

This is what I've heard.

--- End quote ---

Actually, they've also been merging human and pork cells together so the pork gets pregnant with a baby that has stem cells functional for the human body and by doing that, they're not killing a human baby... Not much better, though... (That's a rough description, I'm not sure if that's exactly what they're doing, but it was something like that)

Stem cells would be great progress for science and life as a whole, but the only source is a living organism. I was talking about this with my brother yesterday.. Using unconscious clones, we wouldn't have to worry about such things. (I mention the same thing in the zombie dog thread, but o well) Basically, you grow 'empty bodies' that don't have a functioning brain and so, aren't really alive. It would be like an endless organ and body transplant farm and they could even harvest stem cells...

Kadesh:
 You realize that if these injections really do come out, we're going to have even more crazy-asses celebrities running around?? Who, but the rich, are going to be able to afford that?

KubeSix:
In the beginning, nobody. But as time passes by, it will become more and more accessible. After all, the gene injections were first researched for purely medical purposes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version