Dead... And Not So Dead > The Dead and the Undead

7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)

(1/4) > >>

Devious Viper:
By David Dietle Aug 17, 2010

Let's pretend for a moment that zombies are real (as if half of you weren't already daydreaming about that very thing). Have you noticed how most zombie movies take place only after the apocalypse is in full-swing? By the time we join our survivors, the military and government are already wiped out, and none of the streets are safe.

There's a reason the movie starts there, and not earlier. It's because the early part, where we go from one zombie to millions, doesn't make any sense. If you let the creeping buzzkill of logic into the zombie party, you realize the zombies would all be re-dead long before you even got a chance to fire up that chainsaw motorcycle you've been working on. Why?

READ ARTICLE HERE

Awesome Cracked article!

Nina:
We need a Like button!  :-D

Raziel:
you got an FB? you can do it there. Also add me.

ViciouslyMe:
It is a really great article and everything, but at thesame time its assuming that zombies will be the creatures we have envisioned them to be. Theres no telling what characteristics they would have until anything like it actually happened. Other movies/stories have made the spread of infection be not just by bite, but by blood or even airborne. Then theres the horrible ones where its by popular drug or sound frequency. And assuming there wasn't any kind of panic, whos to say zombies will noticably decay quickly? I don't remember in any of the movies them checking if a zombie's heart started up again. And the decay process couldgo unnoticed until said person is taken to a safer, more populated area. And, while I could go on and on, I'd rather stop rambling. Great article.

Delamorte:
Even the CDC issued a Zombie Apocoliptic survival guide.  How strange.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version