Dead... And Not So Dead > The Dead and the Undead

The best sword type against zombies.

<< < (4/20) > >>

ViciouslyMe:
A well made sword can cut through bone with some ease, the only problem would be keeping it that way.

matthew321:
My vote goes to the cliche' katana. Now this is not solely for the cool factor the sword provides, the sword is functional.

The Japanese katana is said to be the best balanced type of sword in the world. The katana itself has subtypes and variations as well. The sword is so diverse that each one can be catered to the user.  The length and bend are very diverse here. The sword is about 4-5 feet long, that is pretty good reach for a light melee weapon. You cut with the top nine inches of the sword. So it naturally will allow you to keep distance, but then again the idea of holding a katana would inspire arrogance)

I personally enjoy the katana's ability to be catered to my needs. I can locate the one EXACTLY the shape and size that I need. It is a matter of preference here as well but you will know it when you find it.

The problem with this sword is that it is razor sharp (how can that be a bad thing?) Well it will dull quickly, this sword needs a lot of maintenance. You must take care of it after every cut, it will rust easy and dull quickly as well. The thin, sharp sword does not leave much to sharpen.

The sword is designed to cut through soft targets like flesh and thin amounts of bone.  Well my idea of this sword's practicability towards zombies is decapitation of the heads. This sword is quite endowed for such a task.

For this sword you will need a cleaning kit and a sharpener. If you do not polish and sharpen this sword it will die quickly. That is the biggest downfall of this sword, in my opinion.

One good thing about this sword is the multitude of martial arts available for use with it. (Iaido, bushido, kendo, and ninjitsu as well) There are also more but these are the most basic. This is a melee weapon that is plausible to get training in.

Now for a REAL katana and not the fake rubbish that is on the internet, we will need to go to Japan. A REAL katana will be anywhere from $3000 to $50,000 (and it can go higher) I have spot a decent one for $500 on swordbuyersguide.com (decent means I think it could kill a man and serve for this purpose but it would be one that would not last)

Despite its price and drawbacks I vote for the katana. This is a light overview of it, but I know my bias is exposed here.

Muerte:
  And a nice dissertation but I will too stand by my choice.  (The pry bar, not the Naginata.  Naginata would have the same problem as the Katana......seeing as the Naginata is just a Katana blade mounted on a five foot wooden shaft.)

Maintenance on a pry bar = $0
  Price on a pry bar            = $20
  Versatility                       = Unlimited

It has been much too long since I have had the opportunity to take a sole position in a debate.  I hope it can continue.  Whom ever reads this gets brownie points.

Nina:
I just realized how many threads about cold weapons we have here  :roll: and its a bit concerning, this... respect we all hold for such  <^>

ravinclaw:
Well a zombie brain wouldnt be exactly like a live human brain. If you hit a human in the head with a prybar, it will definatly knock them out, possibly cause a fracture and kill them. But if they did die from it it would be more than likly due to bleading inside the skull. Im not sure a zombie could be killed by a blunt blow to the head unless it was truely devistating. Have you ever hit anything really hard with a prybar? It numbs the old fingers pretty good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version