Dead... And Not So Dead > The Dead and the Undead

vampires are undead too..right..

<< < (3/4) > >>

cylinder2166:
I believe that vampires are their own category of 'dead'.It is my belief that vampires are not undead but are in a limbo between life and death within their own physical bodies.Their souls are there,and their bodies are their complete,and they possess cognitive thought and a certain understanding of the world we live in.They are not undead.

GrimReaper777:
I like to call them undead, but a lot of people call them the "living dead", which I guess is the same thing...
Back in the old folklore, vampires were born from sin. Mostly anyone who killed anyone else, killed themself, or got bitten by a vampire rose three days (I think) after their death to feast on the blood of humans... technically they came back to life, yet they're still dead because they don't have a heartbeat or anything.
That makes them undead. Right?

Andrea Warfare:
cylinder.im sure they are referred to as the undead because they are neithe alive nor dead.thus,undead.

Andrea Warfare:
oh yeah is that right? well why dont you just fly down here and bite me on the neck then.

Polaris:
From what I've read 'classical vampires' and 'modern vampires' are two very different things. In the same way that therians and creatures like werewolves differ.

Classical vampires are undead and it's thought that this is the reason they have to consume other people's life force. A modern vampire and I guess the 'de-hollywooded version' simply lacks the ability to generate the life force they need to survive and therefore has to take it for others. They are not 'undead'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version