Dead... And Not So Dead > The Dead and the Undead

Zombie Defense

(1/23) > >>

Whitedrake:
As we draw closer to the inevitable zombie outbreak i felt we should discuss appropriate ways to stay safe from the shambling undead. Weapon choices, transportation, and shelter. Lets discuss it all, and hopefully we can come to a suitable zombie defense strategy.

Andrea Warfare:
In south texas,we build homes on pillars so we don't have to worry about the hurricane's flood waters,etc.
We should do the same with the zombie outbreak because we wouldn't have to worry about zombiew thrashing at our windows and ultimately killing us.This would be even more effective if we could add an electrical charge to the pillars so they couldn't climb up at all.
From our fort homes we could shoot off zombies with ease.

Muerte:
  If you are asking me to share my survival plan you are going to need to coax me with something more than just the same ol' "You'll be helping Society to Survive" speech.  I do have a plan, not only to include weapon, transportation, and shelter, but road maps to get from my current location to a protected survival location.  Plans for renewable food resources and long standing defense, but if I were to share with everyone, then my location would quickly become overcrowded and I would be forced to eliminate the living along with the dead to ensure my family and my own survival.  Tell me what you could contribute to surviving community (of no more than 100 people max) and I may share what I plan.  Oh and my plan involves nothing spectacular that you have to procure in order to make it viable.  Everything I need is already in place and available whenever I may require it.

I will help you with a few of your questions however.

Weapons:

Contrary to popular belief, melee weapons should be avoided whenever possible.  These are infected creatures after all, and the point to surviving to not become infected.  Long range weapons such as rifles would be best, which means everyone should begin learning how to care for such weapons.  Another viable option would be the Bow and arrow, harder to use, but with a little practice you can make your own ammunition, which is something that would be more difficult to accomplish with rifles.  A Long Range weapon, that’s the key, get them before they can get to you.

Transportation:

Simple, 4 Wheel drive vehicles.  The common car will be incapable of transverseing the variety of terrain you are going to have to compete with, and while yes you could utilize a dirt bike, you are also more likely to get hurt, not something you want with flesh eating zombies all around.  In a 4 Wheel Drive you are fairly well protected, even if you do hit something.  The dead will find it more difficult to pull you from a vehicle than it would be to simple pull you from a bike.  Also in a vehicle you have multiple points of egress.(unless you let yourself get surrounded, and if that is the case then you deserve to be the next flesh buffet).

Shelter:

Look now for a large Storage warehouse.  Reinforced concrete walls are more likely to stand up to an onslaught of large crowds of the dead than the majority of other structures you can find.  Any building with a large abundance of ground floor windows should be avoided at all cost, Like walls (which are mostly nothing more than two pieces of sheetrock with some insulation sandwiched between them) windows will not stand up against a relentless assault.  One such building would be a Wal-Mart Supply center (they just built one here in Cheyenne two years ago).  It has only 10 ground floor windows, but these are set well off the ground, a few personnel doors, and truck bay doors.  The truck bay doors might be a problem if they were not situated well above the ground to accommodate semi trailers.  Also in said ware house there will be food stuff (non perishable of course for the most part) and other supplies.

While most of these options I have provided will not ensure a prolonged survivability factor for the majority, it will provide you with an opportunity to figure out what you are going to do next.

Kadesh:
 Brilliant, Muerte. I've never given it much thought, but now I know who I want to make friends with in case it ever happens!! :-D

Moloch:
Nope, not sharing. And you can save your "helping mankind out by doing it a solid" speech. I hate mankind asa whole, though I do think I'd be doing it a favor by letting the stupid and inferior die.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version