Author Topic: Scientists Create 'Zombie' Dogs  (Read 12071 times)

Strife

• Great Master
Re: Scientists Create 'Zombie' Dogs
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2009, 09:40:22 AM »
i think whats dead should really stay dead, if i wanted to die and someone brought me back to life i would be pissed  :gun:

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2009, 09:42:51 AM »
 It's creepy how much they're willing to mess with Creation... Especially with animals. Test things on people... leave the animals alone.
...The monster in the cage
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2009, 11:01:35 AM »
Mm... If i agreed with your logic  kadesh. i 'd say go ahead with dead animal testing since according to you the soul separates from the body anyway after death.

:-D
( Here's a secret. Dem shamanz and necromancers use teh bodies as connections to da spirit ya? Soz there gotta be sam ting up wit dat stuffz. A connection o somting.)

And Strife. If 'They' wanted someone to bring back, i believe those people who wanted to comeback  would have signed up for the program first. (damn sounds like i'm talking about washed up celebrities)
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But donít be afraid. And donít forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2009, 08:44:54 PM »
 It's not the fact that the soul and the animal are one or separated.... it's the fact that it's an animal. I love them. I can't say the same of most people.
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
  • Personal Text goes here.
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2009, 10:23:18 PM »
It's creepy how much they're willing to mess with Creation... Especially with animals. Test things on people... leave the animals alone.

Heh, the "You can't play God" argument... It's science. Religion and ethics should stay away from it. Without breaking the rules and playing God, we wouldn't progress. Look at body modifications for example: North American (dunno about the rest of the world) governments outlaw body modifications, but Brazil doesn't. (By body mods, I mean modifying/experimenting on the human body such as adding machinery to it to make it more efficient, I'm not talking about piercings and tattoos.) They managed to make a blind guy see, but they had to do the experiment in Brazil because the US Government didn't want the scientists to do it. It's a law because modifying people like that, even if it improves their quality of life, isn't "ethical". In the end, they had to cancel the experiment for some reason I forgot...

Cloning is illegal because it would be playing with lives... But by outlawing cloning, you also outlaw cloning without developing a brain and so, a consciousness. It would be possible, with a little work, but it won't be done for another decade at least because we're not supposed to play God. (What I'm talking about is what they did in "The Island". Except in the movie, the clones were conscious and the "unconscious" part was just an ethical coverup.) With cloning, we could be practically immortal. Age would mean nothing, we could transfer from body to body as many times as we'd want.
Seek not beauty in battle. Seek not beauty in death. Consider not your own life. If you wish to protect that which must be protected, then strike when your opponent's back is turned.

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2009, 10:37:10 PM »
 No... this has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with I love animals and don't like most people. That's the only reason I care. Stop testing this on animals and I'm cool with it. Go test some kids for all I care... just leave the doggies alone.
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

onishadowolf

• Weres
  • Realized Monster
    • FaceBook
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2009, 10:39:09 PM »
Poor little doggies.
-The shadows connect us all-

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2009, 10:40:00 PM »
 Exactly.
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2009, 09:57:17 AM »
 Did anyone realize that this is actually an old topic??

Dogs named "Igor":

http://www.monstrous.com/forum/index.php/topic,3175.0.html
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2009, 09:59:31 AM »
No... this has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with I love animals and don't like most people. That's the only reason I care. Stop testing this on animals and I'm cool with it. Go test some kids for all I care... just leave the doggies alone.

Oh, then I agree with you :-P It was the "It's creepy how much they're willing to mess with Creation..." part that got me going on about ethics and religion and stuff... Don't hurt the doggies :(

Yeah, it is an old topic XD But it's still interesting, don't you think? :D I wonder if they'll ever give results.. it's been 4 years since they last updated anything...
Seek not beauty in battle. Seek not beauty in death. Consider not your own life. If you wish to protect that which must be protected, then strike when your opponent's back is turned.

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2009, 10:13:37 AM »
 "Creation" to me, means animals. If we're talking humans, I'd say "abomination" is much closer to the truth. I don't see why people always think it's ok to test things on animals!! If you've ever looked into an animal's eyes, you'd know they have feelings just like we do.
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2009, 12:28:50 PM »
Yeah, you're right, animals shouldn't be tested on. They did manage to prove that they weren't breaking any laws concerning animal rights so I'm not sure if they were the ones killing the dogs in the first place... I think the dogs were already dead :O (But anybody with a bit of intelligence can work around laws, so who knows there are some twisted stuff going on in labs and its totally legal...)

"Creation" to me, means animals.

Ah, okay. Usually when someone uses Creation, they're talking about God's work or whatever else they believe in... 'twas all a misunderstanding. :-)

(And just to clear things up, I don't think animal testing is right if the animal is harmed during the experiment. If you want to create something for humans, test it on humans. Sometimes, though, animals aren't harmed, but we can never really know what goes on in those labs, so it can be a touchy subject...)

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2009, 01:14:23 PM »
 Who's to say the animals aren't harmed?? My dog is a trooper and when she had a thorn in her paw and I pulled it out she didn't flinch or make a sound. If someone is telling me that a two inch thorn coming out doesn't hurt..... Then I'll freely tell them they're full of .
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2009, 04:07:36 PM »
Well that's the point of regulations to protect animal rights, they make sure nobody's dumb enough to go "look, the dog didn't flinch, so it wasn't hurt". But what I'm saying is even if they claim to follow the regulations, they could just be working around the regulations. But seriously, there has been worse done to animals than reviving them after they died. They probably wouldn't kill the dogs for the experiment, but take ones that are already dead. And if the reviving hurts, would you rather be dead or in pain?

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2009, 06:24:27 PM »
 Let me put it this way. I adore my dog. She is my kid; and by that I mean I would kill to protect her. (Not many people understand that, either.) But if she died, I wouldn't put her through this reanimation process. When you really love someone, sometimes it's better just to let them go.
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10