Author Topic: The Zombie Survival Guide  (Read 9871 times)

prezhorusin04

• Monstropedian
  • Realized Monster
  • Deep in a Cave
    • http://www.nwowatcher.com
The Zombie Survival Guide
« on: December 02, 2006, 05:07:02 PM »

The Zombie Survival Guide is your key to survival against the hordes of undead who may be stalking you right now. Fully illustrated and exhaustively comprehensive, this book covers everything you need to know, including how to understand zombie physiology and behavior, the most effective defense tactics and weaponry, ways to outfit your home for a long siege, and how to survive and adapt in any territory or terrain.

Top 10 Lessons for Surviving a Zombie Attack

1. Organize before they rise!
2. They feel no fear, why should you?
3. Use your head: cut off theirs.
4. Blades donít need reloading.
5. Ideal protection = tight clothes, short hair.
6. Get up the staircase, then destroy it.
7. Get out of the car, get onto the bike.
8. Keep moving, keep low, keep quiet, keep alert!
9. No place is safe, only safer.
10. The zombie may be gone, but the threat lives on.

Donít be carefree and foolish with your most precious assetólife. This book is your key to survival against the hordes of undead who may be stalking you right now without your even knowing it. The Zombie Survival Guide offers complete protection through trusted, proven tips for safeguarding yourself and your loved ones against the living dead. It is a book that can save your life.

Phantom X

• Monstropedian
  • Realized Monster
  • With only a Bullet and a Prayer...
    • Sacred Texts- It Goes There
Re: The Zombie Survival Guide
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 10:05:52 PM »
Prez, are there any rumors floating around about a substance (germ, bacteria, gas, ect) that the government is developing that will result in a zombie rampage?
I unify in order to enlighten
Attracting life.
I seal the matrix of universal fire
With the magnetic tone of purpose.
I am guided by my own power doubled.

Beyond The Door Lays A New Path For Us On Our Jorney...........One Day We'll See Our Fate In

Zak Roy Yoballa

• Realized Monster
  • We can't all be beautiful people
    • http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/bgm/pics/
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 11:44:12 AM »
That book has been out a while.  I've read it and really liked it.  The very best 'dead-pan' humor I've read.  It does have a lot of practicle survivalist info too.  Did you know that the author is the son of Mel Brooks?  I think he even worked for Saturday Night Live for a bit (as a writer).  He is supposed to a sequel coming out in the near future.

According to this book it is a virus.  If you visit the Federal Vampire and Zombie agency website, they think it is man made. 

ZRY
Your attitude is the only thing they can't take from you.

prezhorusin04

• Monstropedian
  • Realized Monster
  • Deep in a Cave
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 08:57:53 PM »
Prez, are there any rumors floating around about a substance (germ, bacteria, gas, ect) that the government is developing that will result in a zombie rampage?

The book states it as a virus called "Solanum", which works to travel through the bloodstream with the initial starting point of the brain. It causes the brain to work as a independent organ and organism, not in need of nurtients, oxygen or water. It causes all bodily functions to cease besides the core impulse to devour living flesh. It is still unknown as to why it causes this particular feature, the consumption of living meat, but might be related to feeding the "alien" virus within the brain.

In "Day of the Dead" it is stated that the "R-complex" of the human brain is being stimulated, and all other higher cognitive memory and thought processes cease besides the primitive core of or consciousness, which is to hunt for food. The "Reptilian Complex" portion of the brain is another name for this REAL part of our human anatomy. Though this film doesn't get into the virus or mutation that causes this advanced stimulation of the R-Complex, it was the first to try and explain the reasons behind the "zombie outbreak".

In the "Return of the Living Dead" movies, it is claimed that this "virus" was actually a military nerve agent called Trioxen 245, which would reanimate dead bodies (and stimulate the R-Complex which would cause severe cannibalistic tendancies).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trioxin_(Return_of_the_Living_Dead)

In REAL LIFE, nothing such as Trioxen 245, or Solanum is reported to exist, though there have been cryogenic experiments which bring back "zombie dogs" and other test subjects. But, in all likelyhood, while it might be impossible to reanimate corpses for the use of military purposes or weaponry, it probably wouldn't be so difficult to create a virus such as the one explored in the film "28 Days Later", which reverts people to their most primitive and animalistic tendancies.

There very well could be a secretive, and highly infectious 'RAGE/INSANITY VIRUS'.. Which would manifest as extremely violent tendencies, an "inhuman" boost to adrenaline functions, and an inability for the sensory organs to recognize or register a person's pain threshold.. Bullets would kill these ordinary people, but they might not feel the pain as their sensory nervous system has been shut down. The electrical currancies and synapse that causes human memory functions, would be wiped clean, and instead the parts of the brain dedicated to anger, hatred, violence, paranoia and survival would be chemically amplified.

The very best 'dead-pan' humor I've read.

*<:)

Zak Roy Yoballa

• Realized Monster
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 11:10:45 AM »

There very well could be a secretive, and highly infectious 'RAGE/INSANITY VIRUS'.. Which would manifest as extremely violent tendencies, an "inhuman" boost to adrenaline functions, and an inability for the sensory organs to recognize or register a person's pain threshold.. Bullets would kill these ordinary people, but they might not feel the pain as their sensory nervous system has been shut down. The electrical currancies and synapse that causes human memory functions, would be wiped clean, and instead the parts of the brain dedicated to anger, hatred, violence, paranoia and survival would be chemically amplified.

Sounds like my family reunion!!

Moloch

• Realized Monster
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 06:27:23 PM »
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 01:13:04 PM by Moloch »

Zak Roy Yoballa

• Realized Monster
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 11:25:49 AM »
The zombie or survivalist genre?

prezhorusin04

• Monstropedian
  • Realized Monster
  • Deep in a Cave
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 09:24:32 PM »
If none of you have read 'Cell' by Stephen King I suggest you do so. He took this genre and put a spin to it that so far as I know is totally unique.

Cell wasn't bad, but it wasn't what I was expecting from a Stephen King "zombie" story. But, it was still pretty good...

Sounds like my family reunion!!

*<:)

ZombiesRus
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 08:55:07 AM »
I have read thwe book before.  It states zombies do not really have nightvision.  Is this true?  i always thought they had it with unbearing hearing.  Maybe.  Maybe not. 
We all wonder about one thing here. Can we create a virus or raise the dead or even talk to the dead?

Lord Pisces luffy
  • Fearless Warrior
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 02:06:26 PM »
I too have read this book.  It even tells of spotted zombies in the world.
All light sources cannot last forever the way darkness can.

DrowGypsy
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 08:12:32 AM »
Top 10 Lessons for Surviving a Zombie Attack

prezhorusin04- Blades donít need reloading.
i don't know about you, but i don't want to get close to any of those buggers, but if it gets down to the knitty gritty, i'll take both guns and swords

prezhorusin04- Get out of the car, get onto the bike
i can't see how a bike is any safer

tyrant003
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 07:13:35 PM »
you wait someday the government will accidently unleash a bacteria that reanimates living corpses and infects the living and the world will go into complete and total utter hell.

zombiewatcher
  • Monstrous Imp
    • Zombies: A Will to Act
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 12:13:52 PM »
the zombie survival guide is definitely entertaining, and has some pretty good advice for battling the undead. however, if you want something awesome to read, check out his follow up novel, World War Z, it rocked. some of the best zombie fiction i've ever read.
Thinking about the coming zombie apocalypse.
www.awilltoact.com

Dave_Dunwoody
  • Monstrous Imp
    • Empire - The Reaper vs the undead
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 02:47:25 AM »
I liked the flat-out serious tone Brooks used with this one. I haven't read WWZ yet, though.
Empire - The Reaper vs the undead

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 10:00:10 AM »
seriously how is a bike safer than a car???

and if they require thier brains to keep functioning, wouldn't a stun baton w/ an electric current stop em,?

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But donít be afraid. And donít forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts