Author Topic: 3 things you'd bring with you if zombies invade.  (Read 20731 times)

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
  • Personal Text goes here.
3 things you'd bring with you if zombies invade.
« on: July 30, 2009, 10:22:14 PM »
The title says it all. There's been a topic about where you'd go, but not one about what you'd use, as far as I've seen. So what would you bring along and why? Here's mine:

1. A sword from my collection (I've heard people saying "A crowbar doesn't need reloading".. I say "a crowbar doesn't cut directly through flesh" :-))
2. A bicycle or skateboard (No gas needed. The skateboard is probably best, since you can defend yourself with it in case the sword breaks or some other problem arises. It's slower though)
3. A laptop with internet connection... (To play games when I'm bored... :roll: To keep in contact with potential survivors)

Show me yours!
Seek not beauty in battle. Seek not beauty in death. Consider not your own life. If you wish to protect that which must be protected, then strike when your opponent's back is turned.

onishadowolf

• Weres
  • Realized Monster
    • FaceBook
Re: 3 things you'd bring with you if zombies invade.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 11:07:53 PM »
1. A sword, titanium or some alloy that is durable yet light. Diamond edged, never need to sharpen it.

2. A crossbow, renewable ammo, enough said.
3. An paramedic first aid kit.
-The shadows connect us all-

Ryobi

• Realized Monster
  • As Above, So Below.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 12:53:48 AM »
1. A machete or mallet - more easily weilded than a sword (for me at least). The upside to a mallet is it doesn't cut into things but crushes them, if the virus is transferred through blood, it would be better if their infected blood wasn't spurting around everywhere. The upside to a machete though is that it's so good as a general tool as well.
2. Dozens of rags of various sizes - can be used for many things. Wiping away blood, bandaging, blanket, shield, temporary mask against 'evils in the air', protects skin, can be used to help start fires, possible fuse.
3. A backpack - so I have somewhere to put everything that I find while scavenging, running, hiding (something I'll be doing a LOT of).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 12:56:16 AM by Ryobi »
When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?"

Muerte

• Realized Monster
  • Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!
    • www.myspace.com/drkhrt_2
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 01:07:32 AM »
  A large crowbar, unlike a sword it is both a weapon and a tool.  Never needs sharpening and great for prying should the need arise.

Crossbow.  Like Oni states, you can retrive your ammo if you survive an encounter, but also, it's maintenance is much easier than a rifle would be.  Anyone with a simple understanding of mechanics can fix one.

Backpack, Large, also for reasons already stated. (mostly food stuff, spare cloths, walki talki.  After all, how long do you think the servers would be available after a zombie epidemic?)

Edit: After some thought, I think I will replace the crowbar with a firemans axe, still a good tool, but has a longer reach.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 07:26:49 PM by Muerte »
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 11:26:52 AM »
hey kube, you collect swords? Me too.

1. Broadsword, battle quality, Big sharp heavy motherfarker, great for loping off heads.

2. Dirtbike, dosnt nead much gas, dont have to fead it like a horse, can go offroad, can fit into a building if you find one to stay in.

3. Crossbow, for all the reasons stated by my pals Muerte and Oni.

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 01:31:15 PM »
hey kube, you collect swords? Me too.

1. Broadsword, battle quality, Big sharp heavy motherfarker, great for loping off heads.

2. Dirtbike, dosnt nead much gas, dont have to fead it like a horse, can go offroad, can fit into a building if you find one to stay in.

3. Crossbow, for all the reasons stated by my pals Muerte and Oni.

Yeah I do :3 7 swords, 1 axe, 3 knives right now... buying 3 new swords this weekend :-D
Seek not beauty in battle. Seek not beauty in death. Consider not your own life. If you wish to protect that which must be protected, then strike when your opponent's back is turned.

Devinoir

• Realized Monster
  • I am what I am what I know I am not.
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 01:18:38 AM »
1. My Samurai blade
2. Some Vodka
3. Condoms
There is I in every person,
Only long asleep...

onishadowolf

• Weres
  • Realized Monster
    • FaceBook
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 06:41:19 AM »
Why would you need condoms?

I see the crossbow was a hit. I was under the impression we were talking about items that you couldn't really scavage for.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 08:31:17 AM by onishadowolf »
-The shadows connect us all-

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 10:00:49 AM »
I would hide out in a liquer store :-D

preferably one next door to a gun shop

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 02:17:21 PM »
an army

an army 

an army
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But donít be afraid. And donít forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 02:39:58 PM »
You're lucky, I don't have an army at my disposal :wink: :roll:

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 02:45:50 PM »
Raz would probably bring an army......an army of zombies, he would probably be one of them :evil:

Grendelion

• Young Beast
  • I'm a man of few words but a monster of many.
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 05:17:59 PM »
Full body armor w/chainmail
Protection from any nasty infectious bites, scratches, etc.

Flamethrower
Not practical nor as survival efficient as a crossbow, but I like to watch'em squirm and cook.

Custom pair of large butterfly swords
The only thing better than one sword...is two.
To act human is to give meaning to something meaningless.

Sanity is a matter of perception.

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2009, 05:19:37 PM »
Full body armor w/chainmail
Protection from any nasty infectious bites, scratches, etc.

Flamethrower
Not practical nor as survival efficient as a crossbow, but I like to watch'em squirm and cook.

Custom pair of large butterfly swords
The only thing better than one sword...is two.

I like your way of thinking *thumbs up*

Alayla
  • Watchers
  • Black Monk
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2009, 05:25:21 PM »
Ok - other than things I can scavenge for (and find fairly easily)

1. My Boyfriend - I know this sounds pretty stupid, but he would be great for watching my back and kicking zombie ass. Living alone surrounded by zombies = bad idea. Stick in small groups; at least have one person, and that person would be my bf. He taught me all I know about sword fighting. Plus, he would be good company. :)

2. Weapon - here, I would take what I got. sword, crossbow, crowbar, gun, whatever; though I prefer something I don't have to reload. Anything could be used as a weapon though, so I could scavenge for some nice metal bar or something if any of my other weapons proved unsuitable.

3. First Aid - Yes, if the zombie virus is spread by disease, this would be pretty necessary. Entire limbs may need to be cut off at times. Any other time, this wouldn't be quite so necessary, but here...

The other thing to think about is this: Would being a zombie truly be that bad?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 04:32:09 PM by Alayla »
"We're all one race - human" ...Really?