Author Topic: Zombie Defense  (Read 14278 times)

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
Re: Zombie Defense
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 06:33:42 AM »
 Breaking into means I'll be leaving an unlock-able door or broken window behind me. Not smart when there are flesh-eating zombies on the loose. So, yeah. I want keys.
...The monster in the cage
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

Andrea Warfare

• Great Master
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 03:31:09 PM »
Ha,all you need is an air pressure gun like in no country for old men.
I'm pretty sure Zombies would already be in the stores in the first place anyway.
We are all unique.You my dear are uniquely non-unique.

Whitedrake

• Great Master
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 04:11:35 PM »
Glad to see everyone enjoying this thread, for my money a great safehouse would be an oil rig, deep ocean, so since they cant swim zombies arent even close, however oraganization would be key, weaponry would consist of guns, obviously, bu you do need a hand weapon in case you run low on bullets. My thought is get a small group of people, maybe 8 4 be in charge of ranged weapons and if any get within say 10 feet, the other feel deal in melee combat. This is while on land escaping or while doing a supply run.
Too weird to live....too rare to die

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2009, 06:24:03 AM »
 Supply runs would be what killed you all off. Besides, you get too many people in a group, and you always get a bleeding heart that wants to save someone and ends up getting half of you killed.

Sorry, Andrea... haven't seen that movie, so I dunno what you're referring to. lol
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

Lupus
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 04:12:13 PM »
id say one of the best things you could do would be to live in the middle of nowhere. Think about , low population density , so less chance of encounters. problem would be surviving there. youd need to know how to get food , build shelter ..etc. I can see the flaw here - supplies. you wouldnt stand any chance of finding supplies , medicine , ammo...

weapon of choice : Cheytac M200 - one of , if not the best sniper rifle in the world (currently) ticks all of the boxes for range , power and accuracy. would use an SA80 if they got too close ( that or id fight back with anything ive got)

i like whitedrake's idea about the oil rig. id love to sea zombies swim the ocean an get up into the rig. if i was there , id start to laugh at them.  stupid zombies  *<:)

Muerte

• Realized Monster
  • Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!
    • www.myspace.com/drkhrt_2
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 09:19:23 PM »
id say one of the best things you could do would be to live in the middle of nowhere. Think about , low population density , so less chance of encounters. problem would be surviving there. youd need to know how to get food , build shelter ..etc. I can see the flaw here - supplies. you wouldnt stand any chance of finding supplies , medicine , ammo...

weapon of choice : Cheytac M200 - one of , if not the best sniper rifle in the world (currently) ticks all of the boxes for range , power and accuracy. would use an SA80 if they got too close ( that or id fight back with anything ive got)

i like whitedrake's idea about the oil rig. id love to sea zombies swim the ocean an get up into the rig. if i was there , id start to laugh at them.  stupid zombies  *<:)

Adequate food supply would still be a problem, fishing in the ocean is not as easy as fishing in fresh water.
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

Lupus
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 06:15:28 AM »
true , cos in fresh water its easier to set traps to catch fish in. in the ocean , youd need a fishing trawler to get anywhere , and i could bet every sea-worthy boat would have been used to escape from infection on the mainland. Not to sure what the results would be if you only ate fish... dont think you can survive (well/healthy) on only fish.

WATER!! only place u could get drinking water would be to get it in , or evaportate sea water , leaving behind the salt and then condense the steam to get pure water... only problem is that id doubt youd be able to make enough to support a large quantity of people , let alone using precious fuel youd need for other things.

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 07:04:17 AM »
 Who's trying to save a large quantity of people here?? We're talking about saving your own ass.  *<:)
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

Andrea Warfare

• Great Master
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 10:38:07 AM »
It is a good idea.the idea itself scares the s**t out of me though.I would feel very cornered in.
Who do you think would win.
Zombie or Shark?

Muerte

• Realized Monster
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 12:01:48 PM »
It is a good idea.the idea itself scares the s**t out of me though.I would feel very cornered in.
Who do you think would win.
Zombie or Shark?

Shark
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

Andrea Warfare

• Great Master
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 12:06:51 PM »
So then a question comes to mind.Would the shark turn into a zombie?

Lupus
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 12:39:18 PM »
Who's trying to save a large quantity of people here?? We're talking about saving your own ass.  *<:)

lol true , i was trying to say that the water problem would be bad enough for you , let alone anyone else. I just started to rant  :-o
So then a question comes to mind.Would the shark turn into a zombie?
im no expert on zombies (anyone here that is , speak! i could well be wrong). if eating infected meat could turn the thing that ate it into a zombie , then we'd have zombie sharks too... good idea not to go swimming then :|

Strife

• Great Master
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2009, 10:48:35 AM »
Well it could have a different effect on the shark, it could outright kill the shark or turn them into a mindless "zombie" shark, or it might not just effect them period i wouldnt know.

Muerte

• Realized Monster
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2009, 11:38:36 AM »
Well it could have a different effect on the shark, it could outright kill the shark or turn them into a mindless "zombie" shark, or it might not just effect them period i wouldnt know.

A good point.  To use a comparison, what happens when a human is bitten by a rabies infected animal?  You get sick and the bite area is painful, if not treated it is possibly fatal, however people do not turn into frothing at the mouth monsters, not that anyone really needs rabies for that.

Andrea Warfare

• Great Master
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2009, 01:04:42 PM »
Thanks Strife and Muerte.There are viruses and diseases that are predetermined to inflict their use on certain creatures/animals.
Great example with rabies Muerte.
A zombie bitten shark could not even be affected by his flesh eating attacker.
There's even a possibility that the shark could get bitten by a zombie and be a carrier of the virus so when the shark bites its next human prey it could turn that person into a zombie.
Either way,it raises many questions.