Author Topic: Zombie Defense  (Read 14244 times)

Lupus
Re: Zombie Defense
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2009, 03:06:13 PM »
indeed.. wether it could cross the species barrier is one thing. Amongst different species of mamals , maybe.. but to an entirely different kingdom? That would be interesting. a virus that infects mamals , working on fish too...

A good point.  To use a comparison, what happens when a human is bitten by a rabies infected animal?  You get sick and the bite area is painful, if not treated it is possibly fatal, however people do not turn into frothing at the mouth monsters, not that anyone really needs rabies for that.

Sorry Muerte ,but in if you get rabies and dont recieve in time , its practically fatal , with few people actually surviving the infection with no treatment. But if you do get treated in time , they can prevent death. Certianly , there isnt frothing at the mouth , but its a disease with affects the brain which can cause victims to lash out , not to mention they have an inability to swallow water. sorry if you already knew this , just though id point out some information - i have no idea yet who knows what , still looking around forums.. etc.. i do see people seem to hail you as a god it seems (lol?)... just dont smite down the newbie >.<

Muerte

• Realized Monster
  • Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!
    • www.myspace.com/drkhrt_2
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2009, 04:01:10 PM »
  No need to worry Lupus, I like it when there is someone who does their homework.  My example was simply to illustrate the difference in an infection between two species of mamals, the fact that it reacts differently in incubation, reaction, and treatment (Like the fact that if we do get it, it can be treated and in some cases it is actually fought off).  As long as the facts you use are sound they will be accepted.  I only smite down the purposefuly ignorant, so far, from what I see, you do not fit within that catagory.

Here is why I say "If not treated it is possibly fatal".

http://www3.jsonline.com/news/state/nov04/274800.asp

As you can see from the article the people who survived did not recieve immediate attention, in one renoun case it was a full 30 days before treatment was recieved.  Point being is that it is possible to survive such a virulent disease, while in the animal kingdom, well they get it and they die, no treatment will help to save them.

P.S. I do not and will never consider myself a "God", but thx for that little vote of confidence.  No I am simply a person with way too much time and an overactive mind.
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

Lupus
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2009, 09:23:42 AM »
interesting... i did come across a few of these cases but i was focusing on the overall trend. lol its good your not letting the "god" comment go to your head. ive come across enough arrogant individuals on the net to last more than a lifetime.. anyway!  :focus: the zombies will feel left out

Mental Disorder

• Necromancers
  • Monstrous Imp
  • The Melancholy of the world is our Downfall.
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2009, 12:20:06 PM »
I would possibly have around 10-20 people. Find a warehouse. Use the boxes to make forts and fortify the doors.
Send people in small groups to find supplies for our survival.  :-D
"Behold, the imagination, the greatest thing mankind has, always remember it's your greatest weapon." - Me

Lupus
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2009, 01:30:18 PM »
10-20 people? you obviously have more faith in humanity than i do lol.. id only consider a max of 4 people , otherwise a large group attracts to much attention

Andrea Warfare

• Great Master
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2009, 03:49:48 PM »
I agree with lupus more ppl more risk
We are all unique.You my dear are uniquely non-unique.

Mental Disorder

• Necromancers
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2009, 06:01:22 PM »
What about spreading them into groups? Like 4-5 people per group? We all go to the same place while we may attract less attention. :-)
"Behold, the imagination, the greatest thing mankind has, always remember it's your greatest weapon." - Me

Lupus
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2009, 09:41:07 AM »
it might work i suppose , if you had the groups leave at different times and not at the same , otherwise you would be more spread out , which wouldnt solve the attention problem and also get rid of the advantage of numbers. i guess for it to work everyone would have to be dead certain about the plan , otherwise it could all go wrong

Mental Disorder

• Necromancers
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2009, 12:22:45 PM »
You are quite right...
It would need some serious planning or we could all be screwed.
But I would also have to take consideration to the groups skills and their hold of the terror that is zombies to not freak out and screw everything up. :laugh: :-D

Lupus
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2009, 03:24:58 PM »
yep , especailly if they were confronted with an ex friend now zombie.. would they shoot it?

Andrea Warfare

• Great Master
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2009, 03:37:06 PM »
Who here knows who is more unpredictable than a zombie?

Lupus
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2009, 04:05:58 PM »
well , at least the zombie wants to eat you :-o ... its people you want to watch out for
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 04:13:16 PM by Lupus »

Muerte

• Realized Monster
  • Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!
    • www.myspace.com/drkhrt_2
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2009, 06:33:48 PM »
  You guys almost make me want to share my plan, but then it would fark it all up.  I have shared it with two others here at Monstrous so you can be certain it not only is viable, but it is able to incorporate a rather impressive small community.  To be invited you must demonstrate some skill that would contribute to the overall survival of said community.
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

Andrea Warfare

• Great Master
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2009, 11:25:35 PM »
Exactly.Its homans that can't be trusted.
Muerte:I can sew,cook,shoot,and nurse ailments,wounds,etc.
I'm not another idiot whose gonna get the whole troup killed.I believe in watching my own back not trusting people and that's what saves our asses in the end.Yeah,we have to hava a common trust amongst eachother but when it really comes down to it,people are idiots.

Lupus
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2009, 03:01:17 AM »
Well , i live in the UK but anyway.
i know survival skills , first aid and stuff about guns.(still have 20/20 vision and can see well in the dark)
its more important though to use common sense and work as a team. Dont look before you leap , or go and make a stupid decision without taking into account all the other options available. Working as a team is vital , because at one point , somebody will make a mistake as tiredness and lack of sleep sets in , so hopefully the other will pick up on it and correct the problem before it gets out of hand. Stay where you have the advantage e.g. dont go through the undergound because its quicker , take the longer but safer route.