Witches Brew > Pagan Living

Power for spells

<< < (4/4)

emptyvoid:
Is it your opinion then that anyone can learn to manipulate energy and focus that to achieve "magic"?(ie change the reality aroung us through external forces)  I would hope so, but why do more people not do this if it is open to all of us?  

Thanks   Empty Void

maggot man:

--- Quote ---It happened when humans first thought of slaughtering and utterly exterminating another group of beings (be they plant, animal or other human cultures)

A sin unique to humans? Hardly. All animals have the ruthless zeal to triumph at the expense of another species, encoded in them. By embarking on the organized purge of living things that we disdain as ''vermin'', we are only adhering to the laws that nature imposed on her creation eons ago.

Take lions in Africa as excellent demonstration of this fact. Due to an unsustainable population explosion in their numbers, they are begining to compete aggresively with other species of predators for common food sources, forcing some of them dangerously close to the brink of extinction. The most famous example among the many victims of the lion's ruthless drive, is the cape hunting dog. Already devastated by raging epidemics of rabies, this critically endangered species now finds itself further threatened by the spectre of mass starvation. Both their kills and cubs are routinely stolen by opportunistic lions intent on removing the beseiged canines from prime hunting grounds that  the big cats are eager to claim as an exclusive domain.

Does the lion ever worry that its severely detrimental actions may result in the cape hunting dog vanishing permanently from the African land-scape? I doubt it myself.

To seek to conserve is human, but to relish the destruction of your competitors is only natural. Nature's laws are still red in tooth and claw as ever.
--- End quote ---

jordyn:

--- Quote from: emptyvoid ---Is it your opinion then that anyone can learn to manipulate energy and focus that to achieve "magic"?(ie change the reality aroung us through external forces)  I would hope so, but why do more people not do this if it is open to all of us?  

Thanks   Empty Void
--- End quote ---

yes, i do believe anyone can work magick, my opinion as to why..back to faith and application.

magick isn't easy...it takes time to train your mind to focus on intangible existances...that's why most magick starts with simple forms of meditation...getting to know the environment around you, the subtle energies that shift around everyday living...once they can do this with personal energies, they then can go out into nature and utilizes the occuring, unfamiliar energies there...the more practice one has with using their mind in syc with these energies, the less effort it takes.

and when things do start happening, the next hurdle is getting over the lack of believing it as real, versus the doubt in our own abilities that humans seem to...excell in.  That's why more people don't practice any magick in my opinion..it's easier, not to.

Morticia:
[quote="jordyn]

..and when things do start happening, the next hurdle is getting over the lack of believing it as real, versus the doubt in our own abilities that humans seem to...excell in.  That's why more people don't practice any magick in my opinion..it's easier, not to.[/quote]

It's far easier not to do the actual spellwork, but I had reasons I considered very important and was willing to put in the time and effort to get the desired results in a couple of situations.

I've said before, I found it extremely easy - maybe that's because I was very prepared, had done all the prep work, etc.

However,  maybe being human makes it impossible for us to foresee every single outcome of an intent.  Each spell I cast came back to haunt me in one way or another; they created a new problem I had to deal with.

~Morticia

jordyn:

--- Quote from: Morticia ---[quote="jordyn]

..and when things do start happening, the next hurdle is getting over the lack of believing it as real, versus the doubt in our own abilities that humans seem to...excell in.  That's why more people don't practice any magick in my opinion..it's easier, not to.
--- End quote ---

It's far easier not to do the actual spellwork, but I had reasons I considered very important and was willing to put in the time and effort to get the desired results in a couple of situations.

I've said before, I found it extremely easy - maybe that's because I was very prepared, had done all the prep work, etc.

However,  maybe being human makes it impossible for us to foresee every single outcome of an intent.  Each spell I cast came back to haunt me in one way or another; they created a new problem I had to deal with.

~Morticia[/quote]

i've heard other stories from people like this too...i'm not sure i know why there's such a difference in experiences...but they are numerous.

some people have problems with spirit communication, that aspect of the occult comes easily to me.  *shrugs*

but i'm not sure if that would be considered magick...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version