Witches Brew > Pagan Living

magick, men and the evil they can bring?

<< < (2/5) > >>

jordyn:

--- Quote from: Gnomelover on May 30, 2006, 04:46:12 PM ---I think that Evolution definitely exists in this world.  I think that Magick and Religion are other forms of science, but have explained more and explain it in different ways.

--- End quote ---

i'd say religion is more of a philosophy, but can agree with the rest.  ;)

but scientists are doing amazing things with science and how we have a need for religion, of some sort...

Phantom X:
I also believe in Fate. If I am supposed to to do it, I will do it. Everything happenes for a reason.

Gnomelover:

--- Quote from: jordyn on May 31, 2006, 07:07:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: Gnomelover on May 30, 2006, 04:46:12 PM ---I think that Evolution definitely exists in this world. I think that Magick and Religion are other forms of science, but have explained more and explain it in different ways.

--- End quote ---

i'd say religion is more of a philosophy, but can agree with the rest. ;)

but scientists are doing amazing things with science and how we have a need for religion, of some sort...

--- End quote ---
I agree, religion is often philosophy, but philosophy is a science.  They both explain the world, and are basically different ways of doing that.

The_Seeker:
Sorry, science comes from philosophy.  A fair deal of the earliest western (Greek especially) philosophy was Natural Philosophy, or the studying of nature.  This lead to many things like analyzing the elements, the very word "atom", and other such concepts that would pave the way for science.  Therefore science is a philosophy, not the other way around.

jordyn:

--- Quote from: Phantom X on May 31, 2006, 02:20:39 PM ---I also believe in Fate. If I am supposed to to do it, I will do it. Everything happenes for a reason.

--- End quote ---

now, that's good!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version