Monstrous People > Monstrous and gothic fashion

bringing goth to the mainstream?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Smallville:
i actually agree with Demona about the depressed goth thing i mean really of all the goths ive met and know including my cousin ive never seen a depressed one but i think people are starting to see things differently what with Abby from NCIS by the by im not a goth....IM A STEAMPUNK!!!!! :wink:

Moloch:
Unfortunately, what you'll find when you follow this link is about typical for what you'd get if you tried to bring Goth into the mainstream. Goth was never meant to be mainstream. It is meant to be a counter-culture, a rebellion. Bringing it mainstream will only cheapen it. Sort of like selling your soul, only this would be far worse for those of us who live in the dark. We'd have to tolerate the big lights of Hollywood, which I know many of us don't like.

Not to mention that Hollywood would never portray us correctly. We'll always be freaks to the masses. So, why not enjoy being part of something they'll never understand, especially when this is probably the best we can expect from them.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/39388/
Goth Public Access

luminar:
i didnt really want to bring it to the "mainstream" but basically make it available for goths to subsrcibe to on cable or whatever and if the rest of humanity finally realises the truth thats a plus.

Nina:
I think its stupid idea to have a "goth cable"!!! Goth was never ment to be a thing to broadcast like some "whats new with Paris Hilton" s**t. Goth isnt about news, famous, food or stuff like that. Its a state of mind that no one can make a TV program that would run 24/7. If someone is a Goth, he/she will be one, no matter of what cable tv would say about. And I think if there would be a thing like that, goth would water up, and loose its true meaning. I mean, goth people dont waste time on watching tv, they listen music, read books, talk with other people, and always try to upgrade their unsatisfied knowing of all. That is Goth, not some that have nothing to do in their lives but stear at stupid electric box that is trying to tell you how to live your life. So, go out and live Goth, dont watch others do so.

Thundergod:
breaking new guys it is to late, the Goth's/Emo's at my school (of 2,800 students) and surrounding schools (all  over 2,000 students) are all pretty much mainstream in their own way. they are no longer lonely and sad individuals that wear their own unique outfits. they are all totally influenced by goth or emo bands and other Mainstream media related to it. to tell the truth i would be classified as a jock but i stand out more as an individual because of my personality. Shouldn't it be your personality that makes you different? if your outside does not reflect your inside you are walking around wearing a Halloween costume every day just too fit in. maybe i wear mainstream - nike, reboke, new balance, it does not matter to me i don't care about it , its just clothes that i wear because it is comfortable not because if i don't i wouldn't be mainstream. almost nothing is original anymore and everything is mainstream in some way, so why doesnt everyone just be who they are on the inside.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version