Author Topic: what do u consider to be the scariest movie ever?  (Read 25808 times)

Countess

• Great Master
Re: what do u consider to be the scariest movie ever?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 04:04:36 PM »
American Psycho. Christian Bale is absolute perfection. It's gory but manages to get under your skin & psyche. Exorcist is a classic & will always be. I really appreciate how that movie was done & always find it interesting that although based on a true story Bechley & the directors had to done it down instead of exxagerating it for the movie to earn an R. The Entity is another good one.

Grendelion

• Young Beast
  • I'm a man of few words but a monster of many.
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 11:57:53 PM »
I don't know about the scariest movie ever, films don't really bother me, but the last one to stay in my head long after I saw it was "The Mist."  Not so much the film itself, which was an awesome take on Kings story, which I first read back in middle school.  More so the ending.  I won't spoil anything, but it'll leave you talking.  Very cold, very brutal.
To act human is to give meaning to something meaningless.

Sanity is a matter of perception.

Nina
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 03:09:10 AM »
Exorcist

Nina
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 04:03:05 AM »
I think its called "The hills have eyes" and yes, its scary!

Nina
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 04:29:31 AM »
Yeah needs, I got it right away.... I hate that squeeshy s**t movie.... really....

newbloodmoon
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 08:31:54 PM »
Thanks Moloch, i tought i managed to dry up the internet of scary movies. Sorry about the pun - can't be helped!) *suck*  :-D

Scariest movie ever must be The Grudge 2004. It was originally in Japanese. I was totally freaked out - and it takes a LOT to freak me out ( i'm an ICU nurse  :-D)

The original Japanese version is called Ju-on.  I thought that was far scarier then the grudge.  well unless you consider Sarah Michelle Gellers acting ability.  That's scary

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 08:33:59 PM »
 Bleh... no such thing as a scary movie!! They just aren't made anymore.
...The monster in the cage
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

ImmortalKain

• Vampires
  • Great Master
  • Embrace the Darkness within yourself
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2008, 09:14:43 AM »
Agreed. Some can be creepy though. I saw the Happening the other night. For M. Knight Shamaylan it wasn't that bad (finally) Actually had a creepy feel to it some of the time. I'd watch it again.
Nothing brings you closer to reality
Than the taste
Of rejection

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2008, 02:00:58 PM »
 I'm still waiting to be 'creeped' out. It just doesn't happen. There's one movie that's done it, but that's only because of my own... hmm... demons. It was too close to what happened to me and I .. well... totally blacked out while still walking and breathing.

So... If any movie-makers happen across this.. :roll: STOP BEING SUCH PUSSIES AND MAKE A CREEPY MOVIE DAMMIT!!!!! :gun: :laugh: :gun: :laugh: :gun:
...The monster in the cage
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

bridigid
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2008, 02:52:57 PM »
I have several answers..

1408 because the woman jumping out the window, over and over...can you imagine reliving a suicide over and over? that would fit MY concept of hell if I was sure there was one...

the ring...even though I know the subliminals are what caused my discomfort, I felt my insides crawling up...

the incubus...just plain nightmarish

and the mist...because the end seems so much like something I would do.

leshy
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008, 10:57:44 AM »
The original Planet of the Apes has always managed to scare the begeepers out of me. Not the remake though.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre always had an impact on me too, maybe just because it was the first horror movie I ever saw. I think I was 11 or 12.

HungryWarrior
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 06:31:39 PM »
Dario Argentos Susparia gave me pleasent screams

Countess

• Great Master
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 07:33:59 PM »
Susperia is a classic that will never be duplicated. It scared the daylights out of me even though I watched it in the middle of the day.

HungryWarrior
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2009, 01:43:30 PM »
I hear theres plans for a remake. i hope it doesnt actually get done. i dont want a remake of susperia. :x

Hobson

• Weres
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 02:51:23 AM »
Dario Argentos Susparia gave me pleasent screams

Argento and Fulci made some stonking films, but I never find them scary. For pure shivers down the spine Freaks by the late great Tod Browning, made in 1932. The taking down of Cleopatra and Hercules still scares me.

Talking of really old films, The Face at the Window is a bit "YIKES!" (Tod Slaughter, brilliant) and of course Lon Chaney's performance in the 1925 classic, Phantom of the Opera chills the bones. I can't think of a truly scary modern film though, however, I have yet to see Martyrs (as featured on the cover of Fangoria #281). But that's coming this weekend  :-D
"Unfettered will fare the Fenris Wolf
    and ravaged the realm of men,"