Monstrous People > The Psi Zone

People with Sacred Duties

(1/11) > >>

NightSeeker:
I'm not quite sure where this goes, but...

has anyone heard of people who are called Knights, Warriors, Guardians, or Teachers?  I don't
mean in the mundane sense, but in the 'mystical, sacred calling through many lifetimes sense'?
   I ask because, I have met a few such people, briefly, and would like to know more about them,
but I have no idea where to start looking.

The only info I've been able to find says that Knights receive specific assignments to
protect someone or something from a 'Higher Authority' (a Deity perhaps?); while Warriors
deal with situations as they arise without active forewarning. I have a pretty good idea of what
Teachers do, and I'm not sure what a Guardian guards.

Anyone have any ideas :?

bridigid:
I would like to know this as well...

7VII7:
Hmmmmm. . . when I think of your description I think of spirtual entities who stick to their duties after death or assinged their duties in the afterlife.

Evil guardians protect mostly treasure and such while good guardians guard knowledge or other things that could potentially harm the world as a whole.

As for the living with a sacred duty if that duty requires more active participation they will reincarnate through the ages most likely retaining some or all of the memories of their past life to pursue that duty or if they think that duty is completed, and thus reincarnate normally, yet something happens ending up with the duty not being completed the bonds that tied them in the past life could be strong enough to reach through different lives and wake something in the new life.

Or instead of that there might be a relation to the duty through relation, location, etc. . .

However, don't quote me on all that.

Zilla:
Perhaps they are just people who have a passion for something? I've known all my life that my purpose on earth is to protect people from evil. I see it as a calling. But that's just my opinion, and I'm certainly not an expert  :-P

nynke:
Guess we all have that responsebility.
For some it could be setting up an organisation for the other it could be to become a teacher.
Just depends on what the higher might wants from you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version